A week in Oahu - Recommended Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't like doing a straight-up plug but I just got back from diving for a week in Oahu and I had to recommend the shop I dove with - Pacific Paradise Divers (www.pacificparadisedivers.com).

I called around to a few places before hand and no one was able to guarentee me that I would be able to go to a different site on the island everyday. When I spoke to Chris (the owner) he immediatlty gave me a rundown of different sites he'd like to take me to so that I would get a full taste. He hooked me up on 3 different boats and always sent one of his divemasters with me - instead of just refering me to a new company. This was great b/c I got to dive with the same DM (Mike) on almost all of my dives.

Chris also has a good appreciation for the experienced diver. He keeps the group small (I was often 1 - 1 and no more than 2 other dives) and with the great vis doesn't make you stay in a line but really explore the area. He will also do some technical dives that other dive shops wouldn't do (full wreck penetration, drift diving etc.). At the same time I would have felt safe with him as a new diver. He really seems to treat people where they are at - not where is easiest for him.

The nicest thing is these guys like what they do. They enjoy dives and try to make sure you enjoy it. There was no pressured hurried feeling when you are down there; after the dives they get just as excited by that Octupus as you do; then they'll take you out for a few drinks - a very chill experience as it should be. Plus they hooked me up with a CD of some really great photos their own photographer took.

Like I said I don't like doing a plug like this, but I did feel compelled to share my experience. When I go diving a like to find a small place to dive with that I can develop a relationship with and that is going to be willing to take me to a lot of different sites - not factory style diving. That's Pacific Paradise Divers!

BG

My wife and I dove with Mike (Pacific Paradise Divers) in late July and had a great time. I couldn't believe we got such great treatment from a relatively new company. Glad to hear that we weren't the only ones...

Oahu Dive Center In Kailua is a great bunch to dive with with you get that direction Stay away from that other dive shop in Kailua however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom