A Tipi is not a tent ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sharing some observations on my past visits to my friend Laura's tipi and the feelings it left me with.

To anyone who has spent any time in one, they know that a tipi is not a tent, and does not feel like one, it is an open, airy, Spiritual place, especially so with a fire going inside ... one that calls out to your friends to come, stay , visit, talk.
Note .. you can only feel this in one that is being lived in, not just erected, so visit a Mountain Rendezvous and respectfully ask if you can visit with the owner ... they will most likely be happy to show you their home .. you will be very happy you did .. I was.

Laura L Briggs, maker of Spirit Tipis , her love and craftsmanship is apparent in each one ... thank you Laura for inviting me in :) (I went to several rendezvous near Julian to visit with her and just hang out in her tipi , nothing like it to be warm by the fire talking on a cold morning/fog & drizzle, I always came away with a good feeling and a desire to someday own one)

... SpiritTipis - Laura Briggs ...

FaceBook ... https://www.facebook.com/spirit.tipis#!/spirit.tipis

We used to have tipis at the Hermit's Gulch campground here in Avalon until someone wisely notified the powers that be that our Native American tribes did not use them. We also used to have yurts out at the Toyon School where I taught for many years and at some of the Conservancy campgrounds.

My recollection of the tipis I've spent time in is that they are awfully cold... especially this time of year! Not a place I could get very spiritual in, but we didn't have fires in ours.

Just pulling your leg, Don. Happy New Year!

Reactions: D_B
that (no fires) is why ... you really need to visit one that is properly set up with a fire inside .. I've never been in something as inviting, cozy, warm and friendly

Happy New Year to you my friend :)

Back
Top Bottom