"A Tax on the Gullible..."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to sign up for the Shark feeding certification class while you're there.

bent:
You guys have convenced me of the ignorance of my ways. With any luck I will be at my local dive shop door when they open tomorrow..........lets see, I will need a new snorkel retainer, tank banger, fin sharpener, bang stick, (all in florescent green) and don't forget the all important 15' long super safety sausage with the red beacon on top for warding off stray aircraft......

Every now and then being thrown under a bus is a good thing. By letting the wheels roll over your head, it prevents your head from swelling later to the point of explosion.

bent:
I have several Zeagles( good BCD's) and 4 back plates. I will take the back plate over the BC any time. And it is also much more versatile. Did you ever try hanging two 80 cu ft ponies from a Zeagle, or how about side mount.

I've got a small pile of Zeagles left...want one?

As a matter of fact I have tried a tech pack for sidemount. It works better for sidemount than it does for back mount but there are better ways.

I finally sold the ranger and the tech we had.

Here's a test for all those like inigo who seem to think some of this junk is so good...

How many d-rings can you put on a bc without getting a single one in a useful place?

Why put weight integration on a bc with a doubles bladder leaving no room on the belt for a can light when you won't need the weight anyway with doubles? I mean shoot...it doesn't work well for teck and you sure don't want all that wing for a single tank.

Do the extra d-rings make up for all the rest that don't work?

End of test. LOL

In contrast, how pleasing the simplicity, balance and economy of a slick bp, wing and harness. Two wings and you're set for about anything you'll ever do.

Boogie711:
... For example:

Tank Bangers. Small tax on gullible - since people buy them thinking they will help stay together in a group or with a buddy. However, using proper buddy skills is free.

Some items are partial tax, and partial usefulness. Such as Force Fins - 25% useful because everyone needs fins, but 75% tax because they only work with funky technique, they're hugely overpriced, and they don't work any better than regular fins.
:)

You stay in your little corner of the world and i can stay in mine.

1) Tanks bangers are not there to help people stay together!!!
2) You don't need $400 force fins the standard ones are already better than most other fins available, and what funky kick do you need? I use a modified flutter (which shows up nicely as being a DIR type kick) I have never had a problem stirring up silt and i can easily climb up boat ladders without removing them. Whilst this is possible on some ladders with Jets you are more likely to end up back in the water.

You can have your opinion but at least back it up with facts rather than spouting drivel

Albion, I'm not really interested in debating the merits of Force Fins, but suffice it to say we disagree. Thanks for your input.

Just out of curiousity, who was it that originally convinced you that Force Fins were worth purchasing?

Albion:
You stay in your little corner of the world and i can stay in mine.

1) Tanks bangers are not there to help people stay together!!!

They are there to get your money and at the same time mark your tank so thers can see (and hear) you comming.
2) You don't need $400 force fins the standard ones are already better than most other fins available,

After using them for a while I have to say that I've never tried a fin that I didn't like better than force fins.
I have never had a problem stirring up silt

I can believe that. LOL
and i can easily climb up boat ladders without removing them.

I hear hear you can wear them while out jogging too.

This is just a DIR/Mike/Boogie troll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom