Suggestion A suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
TheCaptain

TheCaptain

Contributor
Reaction score
Rome, IT. . . Tampa, FL, . . . back to Rome!
I'm the last arrived in the Conch but have some experience on other scuba boards where I'm a mod. I found a very smart idea to create "Tampa bay area divers" threads but why don't we keep separated all the Dive reports, comments and greetings that (IMVHO) deserve a dedicated thread? We are going to put everything in the "Tampa bay area divers" running the risk to overload it and making difficoult to follow all the arrangement for future dives.

my two cents

TheCaptain:
I'm the last arrived in the Conch but have some experience on other scuba boards where I'm a mod. I found a very smart idea to create "Tampa bay area divers" threads but why don't we keep separated all the Dive reports, comments and greetings that (IMVHO) deserve a dedicated thread? We are going to put everything in the "Tampa bay area divers" running the risk to overload it and making difficoult to follow all the arrangement for future dives.

my two cents

Brilliant idea! Sorry to say we have tried until we are blue in the faces (frustrated). There is actually a thread going on at this moment http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=141242 it was trying to come to a resolution. We had tried for "The Greater Tampa Bay Area", for around here, a couple of months ago, as there are so many of us. Another interesting thing you will find is that people feel if you were to get that then they want a forum for their bathtub, seriously.

You will find people will fight you tooth and nail over this! Alternately, you will be given a nice pat on the head and told it will happen at a later date.

Anyway, as obvious as this may seem to you - it isn't to others. :(

So I am going to grab some :lurk:

If the damn breaks let me know. Maybe you could offer to moderate it?

Good luck my friend. PM me if you have any questions.

One thread isn't the answer. Dario is right. Make one thread - "Tampa - dive to Sheridan June 06," another might be, "Tampa - dive from Rich's boat 5/13." Make the posts exactly as you would if there were a Tampa subforum and put Tampa in the title.

There is a new forum that is designed to hold all of the Tampa Bay dives as well as any other Central Florida dives. However, no one wants to give it a chance. They just want to gripe.

NetDoc:
There is a new forum that is designed to hold all of the Tampa Bay dives as well as any other Central Florida dives. However, no one wants to give it a chance. They just want to gripe.

This is the only post I will make on the subject.

On all the boards of which I am a member I have never seen such a small group of people gripe so much over such a small change. To be honest I've rarely seen this much griping over bigger changes. The idea that it is too much work for certain people to find specific posts or threads is ridiculous. We're not talking about manual labor......we're talking about sitting at a keyboard pushing keys and sliding a mouse. Others seem to enjoy complaining over and over again and perpetuating things. Speak your mind and then let it go. Surely you have other more important things to do.

I have been on this board for 3 years and in the last 3 months have met and dove with more people from my area than all the time before. Dave got it rolling and while he may not have pleased everyone along the way it got acomplished and for that I thank him.

I think NetDoc made a good well thought out change and hopefully it will stay but if the time comes for it to return to the way it was then I will accept it and move on.

Mark

eandiver:
I think NetDoc made a good well thought out change and hopefully it will stay but if the time comes for it to return to the way it was then I will accept it and move on.

Mark

That sums up how I feel, and to follow mark's lead this will be the last I post on the subject in any thread.

Dave.

Sadly, It is posts like the previous two that keep this darn thing going, and going, and going. Next you get a troll who wants to stir the pot. Someone bites and "wella," we are off again. Everyone wants to have the last "most special" word.

Just drop it. Simple. Don't say another word, just drop it. Don't think Oh this one more thing will sum it up - just let it go. Unsubscribe to the Tampa threads if you need to. The horse is dead STOP kicking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom