Solved: A Safety forum in Dive Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
MichaelMc

MichaelMc

Working toward Cenotes
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would a safety/emergency forum be useful in dive central? Non-tourist dive briefs have a heavy emergency response component, yet gear or discussion for that does not have a central home on the board, such as PLB/PAL, strobe, O2 kits, First Aid kits, etc.

Community knowledge on safety or emergency response is spread across a few forums. Several gear related ones cover cutting, lights, DSBM. Some of that is normal dive use. Medical covers some of the O2/first aid.

Safety/Emergency might get cutting tools and DSBM as sub forums. Thought much of the line and spool part of DSBM/lift bags is normal dive not emergency. The lights forum seems mostly normal dive use.

There would be some blurring between safety/emergency and A/I and lessons learned. My thought is divers going to safety/emergency for current knowledge, while A/I LL are where that knowledge is expanded and refined.

Just an idea, and I may have missed elements in the board organization.

Back
Top Bottom