A Question for Ike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
I just bot the Ikelite housing for the Olympus 7070. Now, I currently have ULCS arms and would like to buy a mount for the tray/quick handle that comes with the housing. Which one should I be looking at?? is it #9577.71? or the 9571.3?

I have the Inon D-180 strobe and was wondering if the W9 Cap will fit the diffuser/deflector that comes with the housing?

Thanks Ike.

Don't know which Ikelite part you would need but alternatively, ULCS also makes the ball thing that will fit on Ikelite quick release handle as well.

Wolverine:
I just bot the Ikelite housing for the Olympus 7070. Now, I currently have ULCS arms and would like to buy a mount for the tray/quick handle that comes with the housing. Which one should I be looking at?? is it #9577.71? or the 9571.3?

I have the Inon D-180 strobe and was wondering if the W9 Cap will fit the diffuser/deflector that comes with the housing?

Thanks Ike.

Get the UCLS part #BA-IK for the handle.
Doubt that cap will fit the diffuser - just use the Inon clear filter thingy and stick the optical cable in front of the flash

I've been considering getting an Ike housing myself, but I use the INON strobes and am wondering how I would attach first the housing to my ULCS arms and second, the fibre optic cable to the housing. The Olympus housing has the diffuser in front so that the fibre optic cable can clamp on. I don't see anything similar with the Ike housings.

Warren_L:
I've been considering getting an Ike housing myself, but I use the INON strobes and am wondering how I would attach first the housing to my ULCS arms and second, the fibre optic cable to the housing. The Olympus housing has the diffuser in front so that the fibre optic cable can clamp on. I don't see anything similar with the Ike housings.

actually they do come with a diffuser and a deflector. The diffuser looks like the one on the pt-020, though i am not sure of the thickness. Anyway, I am going to get the W9 clamp (gonna try it out LukeROB, just to see if it works) and try to see if it can clamp onto the diffuser.

Wolverine:
actually they do come with a diffuser and a deflector. The diffuser looks like the one on the pt-020, though i am not sure of the thickness. Anyway, I am going to get the W9 clamp (gonna try it out LukeROB, just to see if it works) and try to see if it can clamp onto the diffuser.

Whoops, you are probably right! I forget that the clamps used on the Oly housings are totally different to the canon ones that I have used - actual replacment of diffuser.
Yeah the W9 clamp my be the way to go. I'd definatly give it try.

Or just get yourself a Z220 and sync directly - no need for wasting battery by using the internal flash.

#9571.3 is the mount part needed. Other numbers are for big 1.25" diameter system. Everyone is missing the exciting availability of true Olympus TTL that is only available when using a DS-50 or DS-125 SubStrobe with these housings.............

ike:
#9571.3 is the mount part needed. Other numbers are for big 1.25" diameter system. Everyone is missing the exciting availability of true Olympus TTL that is only available when using a DS-50 or DS-125 SubStrobe with these housings.............

Not really. Its just that I have the Inon strobe and its not compatible with the Ikelite TTL system, and I am too broke to buy another strobe :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom