A problematic problem

Help...

• Quick! cover it up as much you can!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've read several times that there is no proof that shiny stuff, especially jewelry attracts sharks. Then again, I've heard the opposite. I doubt there have been any studies, so I would cover as much of it as you can. Unless you're one of "those" (in the majority) who want to be around sharks.

I doubt there have been any studies
The only study I'm aware of was from 45+ years ago and was an after-the-fact analysis of a large number of reported shark attacks. No idea why the shark attacked, but what the victims were wearing was duly reported, along with environmental conditions, etc. Yes, some of the victims had shiny things, or bright clothing; many had neither (well, clothing, yes, but not bright). Nothing proved, one way or the other.

The only study I'm aware of was from 45+ years ago and was an after-the-fact analysis of a large number of reported shark attacks. No idea why the shark attacked, but what the victims were wearing was duly reported, along with environmental conditions, etc. Yes, some of the victims had shiny things, or bright clothing; many had neither (well, clothing, yes, but not bright). Nothing proved, one way or the other.

Yummy yellow :wink:

50bmg_bangstick_head.jpg.cf-1.jpg
I'm no expert, but pretty sure some shiny objects will make sharks leave the area. Not mine BTW but that is an exceptional piece of engineering if it actually holds together for that particular round.

Back in the days of shiny chrome regulators it must have been common for the regulator to get attacked, LOL.

Well then i can only imagine my future state with a reflective bc lol... <TG>

View attachment 626397I'm no expert, but pretty sure some shiny objects will make sharks leave the area. Not mine BTW but that is an exceptional piece of engineering if it actually holds together for that particular round.
Where is that from? Not like a REALLY want one but....... <TG>

But if you take off the reflective tape or hose it won’t it increase the chances of getting hit by a car?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom