a new underwater platform for underwater scientists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello again,

I am a little bit disappointed how this post didn't have so many replies and got popular. Either I was already succeeded in giving answer to all questions or I chose poorly to post in the category "Marine Life & Ecosystems".

Dear @Akimbo, @Ucarkus, @Angelo Farina and @Miyaru, as the more experienced scubaboard forum fellow, could you please suggest me any other category?

all the best,
Mirac Memisoglu

Dear @Akimbo, @Ucarkus, @Angelo Farina and @Miyaru, as the more experienced scubaboard forum fellow, could you please suggest me any other category?
So you really want feedback?

My approach would be different. Your presentation has a commercial approach. A base device with all kinds of additional options. It doesn't describe a demand to which your product is the answer.

Why do I need one?

My first reaction to that photo was "bulky". Having a touchscreen under water with a stylo doesn't meet any of my demands.

As for the decompression option: once you go that route, you are stepping into the world of technical diving. That is a small world, where SW and HW dominate the market. Suunto tried to get a piece of the action, even made a promo video with Saami (who was wearing a SW in that promo, although turned sideways out of sight). Didn't work out and the Steel was pushed to the rec market with a different name.

Why and how will your product make a difference?

I gave you a technical detail, to which you reacted in a commercial way. In that case I can only shrug my shoulders.
My approach or view illustrated with a different situation:
Blending gas is time consuming and watching gauges is boring, too easy to get distracted.
That is my opinion and many others agree with me. So there's a (small) market demand.

As an answer to that demand, I'm developing a product that does cascade fills, partial pressure blending and continuous blending. Checking gauges is done by a processor instead of human eyes.
I am getting the input and feedback from a few technical centers. Eg. a requirement from 2 centers: the local guys should be able to fill the EAN50 tanks.
Once I have a prototype that works 100% reliable, I'll make a video showing how the product works and how any employee in the shop can blend any gas. My marketing colleagues will tell me how to make that video. And that video will do the rest.
Is my product answering to divers? No.
To small diveshops? No.
To diveshops using banks of air/ean32? Yes.
To centers blending technical gasses? Yes.
Does such a product exist? Yes, Nardi made one for cont. blending years ago but technology has advanced and their product is too expensive.
Another product is the King Blender but there's hardly any information and they don't mention a price.
Why is my product better? Newer technology, more functionality and extremely price competitive.

To which market questions is your product the answer?
Why is your competing product better?

The videos I checked from your product... lots of effort put into logos and effects. Actual product information: minimal.
The long list of commercial options to spend more money on - TL;DR

@Mirac Memisoglu, are you looking for discussions with scientists about their needs, so that you could get feedback, such as improvement suggestions, use cases, problem descriptions?
If yes, unfortunately this platform might not be what you are looking for. While it has one of the biggest reach, it is mostly non academic discussions by non academic participants. Usually diver helping divers type of community.

I recommend that you participate with your product to dive/boat related shows and exhibitions (unfortunately Boot2022 was cancelled this year, so this is no easy task during covid). There, you will have the chance to meet very different groups of people, you can get input or even network for future collaboration.
Some European and Nordic universities have established departments on nautical archeology. Contact, Institute of nautical archeology in Turkey, if you haven't done so yet.
Same goes for marine biology; I would start with Scandinavian, German and Dutch universities as they are more innovative and have more resources to spend on innovation.
If you already wrote an SDK, you might want to approach DPV manufacturers and RoV manufacturers as they might integrate your apis into their devices. Future of underwater map making is rather on RoV than individual divers physically diving.
You might want to approach Tech diving or cave diving training agencies and ask them to evaluate your products. You need international influencing people using your product if you would like your product gets traction, so, it might involve spending quite a bit of money sending free samples and working with individuals to improve/customize your product for them.
As I wrote earlier, this board is peer to peer overall, so, people discuss mostly consumer products and it will take very long time until someone actually tries your product and forms an opinion.
All in all it is an interesting product and very nice to see start-ups trying to bring in innovation, I am hoping you will succeed.

@Mirac Memisoglu

I can't guarantee anything, but if you are interested in having actual use from maritime archaeologists in Greece, contact me at kosta dot koeman at gmail.

Back
Top Bottom