A new SCUBA system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey, I wanted to share this but I did not know where to bring it up. I found on reddit a video of what looks like a SCUBA system with no BCD? Not 100% sure how that would work but it seems like somebody is already thinking of it and working to bring it to the market.

Looks like a dpv that attaches to the bottom of your scuba tank. The divers all seem to be kicking, so looks like maybe it doesn't work so well.

No BC because all of them are using skins or very thin suits that can be compensated for using lungs.
I was confused at first looking at the small bottles on each side of the tank and thought maybe those are ballast tanks, but now wonder if they are battery packs for the DPV on the butt of the tank?
I got a kick out of the “Internal use only- confidential” graphic on the bottom right of the video. Who let it out, lol!

Dive #1200+
We have been taking a huge vacation on investors money and made no progress in actually making a working product. Leak a video and try and raise more capital, I mean beer money.

Dive 1313, the police tried to catch me for stealing all the investors money, but I easily escaped using prototype #7. Maybe this really has potential? If I sell the yacht maybe.. Probably need to sell the jet too.

What a ridiculous attempt at grassroots marketing. Sure, you found the video at reddit. First thing you did made a new account here.. Please.

Hello! If you want to advertise with the site, pay them money! Cheapskates.

PS: When you leak your own "internal" videos, it makes you look inadequate at security.

This is possibly the least informative new-equipment post I've ever read. The reason might be that any believable explanation would not be possible.

If you look closely, at around 0:27 you can see that the device runs on snake oil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom