A near miss in the Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn.

Odds are good I would have shat my drawers and started crying. Most likely would have ended up splattered against the rocks.

Major lessons to be learned from this story.

Well, I'm damn glad that worked out fine. I'm sure we'd all like to think that we would be as cool and smart about it as he was, but the truth about situation like that is that you just don't know until it happens. I've been in some pretty intense survival situations from northern Canadian camping trips, and can honestly say that there is no way to predict how a seemingly tought, intelligent person will react.

To be honest, I probably would need a new set of wetsuit johns after that incident!

Thanks for sharing. I'm heading to Galapagos with my wife and some friends in 10 days. I'm sure this story will be in the back of my mind. You can never be too prepared. I'm glad everything worked out for the best.

I'm in Madrid, Spain on the first leg of my trip from Cairo, Egypt to the Galapagos. My first time there and what a story to read while in transit! I can hardly wait to get there. I'm also glad to know that the Agressor fleet issues all this safety gear, 'cause that's who we'll be diving with!
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom