A month diving in the Philippines ... where to go ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which month do you expect to do your trip? This may affect where you might want to go in the Philippines.

pak's right but for starters:

PG/ Anilao - verde island passage, crap loads of small stuff, whole slew of divesites for all levels, easy to get to/ from manila

cebu - gateway (you can fly in direct from some countries) to malapascua (threshers and mantas) or moalboal (amazing diving i hear) it's also a 2 hour fast ferry to bohol or 4 hours to dumaguete (2 hours from bohol)

bohol - panglao and cabilao islands, amazing wall and reef dives, many PPD swear by it

dumaguete - gateway to apo island (pristine sanctuary) and some of the best macro sites in the country

southern leyte - a bit off the beaten track but pristine diving + chance to dive with whalesharks

other places would be:

general santos - great wall dives

davao - very good diving around the samal island area

coron - not great viz but a whole bunch of WWII wrecks at rec-dive depths! (my fave topside scenery in the whole country)

hmmmm... that's off the top of my head right now...

Jag

Look at the twin Atlantis packages with a Coron deal on the back of that.....can't go wrong there!
Good luck....you have a lot to choose from!

To pakman : This month (actually july to mid august). I'm in KL and i'm starting with a trip to Pulau Perhentian and will see from there ...

To shugar : Cheers ... that's a lot to do already ... Any advice on operators or accommodations on these places ?

To Babydamulag : I don't understand "at the twin Atlantis packages with a Coron deal on the back of that". I know I'm looking at Indonesia and Malaysia as well !! It's crazy I feel like i'm going to spend my holiday on the net checking possibilities ...

To pakman : This month (actually july to mid august). I'm in KL and i'm starting with a trip to Pulau Perhentian and will see from there ...

To shugar : Cheers ... that's a lot to do already ... Any advice on operators or accommodations on these places ?

To Babydamulag : I don't understand "at the twin Atlantis packages with a Coron deal on the back of that". I know I'm looking at Indonesia and Malaysia as well !! It's crazy I feel like i'm going to spend my holiday on the net checking possibilities ...
lots of advice... narrow it down to a couple locations for now then let's go from there...

wouldn't be nice to turn this board into the yellow pages hehehehe

JAg

Absolutely right. I'm flying next sunday to Cebu then direction Panglao then after that most likely Apo Is.
Any recommendation for budget but correct accomodation there ? Also if you have recommendations on any specific dive operators and dive sites ...

Cheers,
Gregory

Absolutely right. I'm flying next sunday to Cebu then direction Panglao then after that most likely Apo Is.
Any recommendation for budget but correct accomodation there ? Also if you have recommendations on any specific dive operators and dive sites ...

Cheers,
Gregory
the others can chime in better with that...

cebu-pangla-apo?

you better be ready 'coz that's one amazing dive itinerary...

oh... and while in dumaguete, might i suggest the date walnut dacquoise at sans rival, just off the boulevard... about 50m north of bethel guest house...

Jag

Komasta ka

I'm In Panglao now ... unfortunately it's raining ... I hope it's going to get better.
Would one of you have any advice on which place it's ok to go now ? I mean avoiding days long rain ...

Cheers,
Gregory

Back
Top Bottom