A Little Rant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tx_Jeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have noticed that there are members questioning others members on their experience or the experience that is listed in that persons profile. Then when I just happened to check the person that is doing the questioning, they have nothing listed or are lacking in info the same area. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! What Gives?

I know that we are asked to fill out our profile when we first join but I wasn’t aware of some of the things that I would be questioned on. So what I have learned is, that you should make sure you fill out your profile with as much info as possible. Item you should include are the years you’ve been diving, maybe your number of dives would help, what certification level you hold, your certifying agency, and then write a short story about all your experience so others have more information to flame you with.

This was just my two cents and wasn’t intended to offend anyone or to start a block war. If however it does offend you then maybe you are one of the people I was talking about.

Tx_Jeff:
I have noticed that there are members questioning others members on their experience or the experience that is listed in that persons profile. Then when I just happened to check the person that is doing the questioning, they have nothing listed or are lacking in info the same area. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! What Gives?

I know that we are asked to fill out our profile when we first join but I wasn’t aware of some of the things that I would be questioned on. So what I have learned is, that you should make sure you fill out your profile with as much info as possible. Item you should include are the years you’ve been diving, maybe your number of dives would help, what certification level you hold, your certifying agency, and then write a short story about all your experience so others have more information to flame you with.

This was just my two cents and wasn’t intended to offend anyone or to start a block war. If however it does offend you then maybe you are one of the people I was talking about.

I need not shoot myself in order to discourage others from shooting themselves. There is sufficient available data indicating it is unwise. :eyebrow:

Jeff-what does # of dives, years of experience and certification levels have to do with cyberdiving? It's up to you to pick out the good advice from the bad. Do you find someone claiming to have years of experiece more believable than those not making claims? I've met divers with 4 decades of experience that wouldn't consider a new piece of gear or technique regardless of the benefits. I've also met new divers that think their Cousteau. If people with more (alleged) experience than you are questioning your posts maybe you need to rethink what you know. Just remember, above all else, everything you read on the internet is true.

Actually you jogged my memory to update my profile, i like to keep reasonably current!

Take everything with a pinch of salt, but i believe most people on here are honest and reasonable, some even in person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom