A letter from a Redneck mother to her son:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyI8205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Dear Billy Jack Jim-Bob:

I am writing this slow 'cause I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left. Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happened within twenty miles of home, so we moved. Won't be able to send you the address, 'cause the last family that lived here took the numbers with them for their next house so they wouldn't have to change their address.

This place has a washing machine. The first day I put four shirts in it, pulled the chain and haven't seen them since. It only rained twice this week: three days the first time, and four days the second.

The coat you wanted me to send you, well, your Aunt Sue said it'd be too heavy to send in the mail with them heavy buttons so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.

We got a bill from the funeral home, said if we don't make the last payment for Grandma's funeral bill, up she comes.

About your father -- he has a lovely new job. He has over 600 men under him. He is cutting the grass at the cemetery.

About your sister, she had a baby this morning. I haven't found out if it's a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle.

Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pickup truck; one was driving and the other two were in the back. The driver got out: he rolled down the window and swam to safety. The other two drowned: they couldn't get the tailgate down.

Your Uncle John fell in the whiskey vat. Some men tried to pull him out but he fought them off -- so he drowned. We had him cremated; he burned for three days.

Not much more news. Nothing much happens.

Love, Mom.

P.S. I was going to send you some money but the envelope was already sealed.

Back
Top Bottom