A good book??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I was hoping someone could recommend me a good book about underwater photography with point and shoot cameras. I am using a Power Shot A570IS.

Thank you!
Niclas

Niclas - welcome to ScubaBoard!!

There are tons of books out there, but I would recommend that you use the internet first to get your feet wet. We have a great Sticky at the top of this forum (you can get there by clicking the pink link in my signature , too) that will help you get started with some ideas.

If you scroll down the posts in the Sticky you will also find some suggestions on books that our members have used and found helpful. Jim Church's Essential Guide to Composition is one of the ones I'd head for :)

Understanding Exposure is a must have as you progress in your photo taking.

Thanks for the advice! I read some from the stickys posts and it was great stuff :D. I found out about the CHDK for Canon cameras and it seems to be great. I will try it tomorrow! Just a small thing like be able to check the battery status is a great improvement! I dont understand how canon can make a camera that only tells you that the battery is low about 10 pictures before it turns off!! I have been so annoyed about this! :p
I try the techniques I read about in the forum before I buy a book!

Thanks again!

Actually if you wait a few weeks, the fourth edition is coming soon.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom