A game for those who know the East End dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian Popple

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
For a little light entertainment in these "dry days", Ocean Frontiers just posted a "guess the dive site" game on social media.
Those familiar with the East End's dive sites might be able match the name to the 3D model:
Ocean Frontiers, Ltd.
They're going to post three per week for the rest of the month!

96561061_10158262581419487_6044994713377832960_o.jpg

Which is Babylon, Anchor Point and Black Rock Reef?

Hey give us a chance to answer :) In truth, Babylon is the only one I really know and could identify

This one was easy, Babylon has its famous pinnacle, so B was out. I remembered that Anchor Point was a deep wall and that Black Rock Reef was relatively shallow with the coral heads, made A and C simple. It could be much harder, and probably will be :)

Hey give us a chance to answer :) In truth, Babylon is the only one I really know and could identify

Sorrrrryyyy...got to learn to cool my guns...LOL. The key to Babylon if definitely the pinnacle, as Scubadada points out. Ocean Frontiers will post another one next week and the week after, so I'll repost here.

This one was easy, Babylon has its famous pinnacle, so B was out. I remembered that Anchor Point was a deep wall and that Black Rock Reef was relatively shallow with the coral heads, made A and C simple. It could be much harder, and probably will be :)

Yep...that's sound logic. Black Rock Reef is shallow and there's a neighboring site called Black Rock Canyon (also known as Black Rock Drop-off), which is the associated a deep wall site. The deeper site is not shown in map C. The two sites are connected by "the canyon", which gives the deeper site it's name. It's basically a highway of sand with reef on either side. Some DMs call this Conch Road, because it's littered with conch. You can see this feature in map C - it's the channel that runs down the left side of the model. Black Rock Canyon/Drop-off is located at the end of it, just off the bottom of the map.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom