A Few Pics From Day One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The first day of diving and I've already seen many things I haven't seen before. Such as:

Squat Anemone Shrimp
Sargassum Triggerfish

I also had to include this Arrow Crab hanging out in a Purple Vase Sponge, just because it's by far the best pic of an arrow crab I've ever gotten from my very low end camera setup.

Fun fun! And it's only day one...

squatas1.jpg sarg2.jpg arrow1.jpg

Las Palmas, very close to Hotel Cozumel/Dive Paradise. The weather is great - 80-90 and sunny most of the time. A little shower here and there. The water is warm - the lowest my computer has read is 82 and the highest is 87. Probably average low 80s. The water is calm for the boat rides. Currents range from gentle to swift and viz is very high - 75+.

Sounds like you are having a blast. I like the squat anemone shrimps, but while you are looking at those, keep an eye out for the spotted cleaner shrimp. They are stunning - and usually wandering around on the tentacles.
Keep posting those pix and reports, please. I still have to wait a week...

Looks great. Cozumel is such an awesome place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom