A few pics from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thought I would post of few of my pics from Bonaire - first real attempt as using a macro lense with my P5100. I was able to get better pics of the small stuff than I had previously.

shrimponanenome.jpg

blenny.jpg

greenmoray.jpg

This one was truly drive by photography, I was shooting macro when Herman got my attention, I took off swimming parallel to the eagle ray while screwing off my macro lense and firing a couple of pics without adjusting my settings.

eagleray2.jpg

scorpion.jpg

My first seahorse, the angle and his position in the soft coral made it really hard to get a profile pic of him.

seahorse.jpg

Hilma Hooker

hookerBW.jpg

bandedbutterfly.jpg

squid.jpg

coralbandedshrimp.jpg

Well, you've done something I never would've thought possible...managed to take a pic of a banded coral shrimp that practically screams 'You want a piece of me?!?!?!'

I enjoyed your shots; the green moray, scorpion fish and so on. That sea horse shot is especially nice.

In the first pic, that purplish thing beside the anemone; is that a cleaner shrimp? I can't get a good lock on what I'm seeing; I assume much of it is transparent.

Richard.

Well, you've done something I never would've thought possible...managed to take a pic of a banded coral shrimp that practically screams 'You want a piece of me?!?!?!'

I enjoyed your shots; the green moray, scorpion fish and so on. That sea horse shot is especially nice.

In the first pic, that purplish thing beside the anemone; is that a cleaner shrimp? I can't get a good lock on what I'm seeing; I assume much of it is transparent.

Richard.

thanks, I believe the purple shrimp is a pedersen cleaning shrimp. The banded coral shrimp was at night if I remember correctly, usually that is about the only time they crawl out from the crevices and you can get a good pic of them.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom