A few photos from Peacock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
These were taken by my friend Jeff Rose at Wes Skiles Peacock Springs state Park. He does a lot of UW photography, but this was his first time in a cave doing it.

I hope you enjoy them even 10% as much as I do. I plan on blowing up the originals to hang on my wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 189
Thanks man I appreciate it. Although all the hard work was done by Jeff.

Well lit and composed cave photos -- I look forward to more!

Well lit and composed cave photos -- I look forward to more!
Thanks! We are looking forward to making more. He still has a few more from this collection that I will post once they are sent.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Although all the hard work was done by Jeff.

Actually, it's harder to be the model than to be the photographer. A photographer produces nothing without a model that knows how to pose, where to hold lights, and when not to exhale!

Actually, it's harder to be the model than to be the photographer. A photographer produces nothing without a model that knows how to pose, where to hold lights, and when not to exhale!
So I am guessing I did halfway good! lol I am a graduate of the Zoolander School of Male Models.

Next time I am going to use some of my video lights and place them in areas of the cave for lighting, and maybe see if we can add more strobes. I had a blast doing this, and I hope we get to do it again soon.

I think you need a both a cooperative model a bit of photographic knowledge.

I waited something's like 4 years to take my set-up in a cave. Lots of variables including ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, strobe power and position combined with normal cave situational awareness.

Jeff

I think you need a both a cooperative model a bit of photographic knowledge.

I waited something's like 4 years to take my set-up in a cave. Lots of variables including ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, strobe power and position combined with normal cave situational awareness.

Jeff

I know I could not get those photos! I am really excited about our next dive.

I have dived with photographers who really wanted to school their models, and I have dived with some who just shot what they saw. I have fabulous photographs from both, but I know which makes for more fun diving!

314_22357024215_3595_n.jpg

That one was heavily choreographed, with the photographer giving constant signals on diver positioning and after an hour-long orientation session on body posture, breathing, and light management.

427398_10151059894544216_1597328082_n.jpg

That one was shot, not by me, but by Ben Martinez, whose entire instructions on the photo dive consisted of, "Don't pay any attention to me."

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom