A few from Robin's Bay this Sunday (June 1st)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc

Just drifting along...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here a few from my 2 dives this Sunday.

Spotted moray.
RobinsBay_20080601_0008.jpg

Easily the largest Fireworm I have ever seen. About 2 fingers thick.
Surge_20080601_0010.jpg

Saw several of these, but I kinda like this photo.
Surge_20080601_0023.jpg

I was hovering over the reef when I spotted this hanging out in a little hole. Just got that one picture before it just leisurely went out of sight, oblivious of my presence. Wished I could have at least got another shot off.
Surge_20080601_0009.jpg

It appears to be some kind of pipefish? Nice shots by the way.

I've never considered diving in Jamaica as several people I know were approached to see if they would purchase drugs and others that I know were robbed there (including my Dad&Mom and my Brother and Sister inlaw - on different trips). Two men from a furniture company where my wife has worked were attacked with machette's, then robbed, although they survived it was touch and go.

As my brother has his C-card, he says that most of the fish life is gone, many locals have depleated the bigger fish for food.

It appears to be some kind of pipefish?
I was told it was a Harlequin pipefish, (micrognathus ensenadae).
Nice shots by the way.
Thanks.

I've never considered diving in Jamaica as several people I know were approached to see if they would purchase drugs and others that I know were robbed there (including my Dad&Mom and my Brother and Sister inlaw - on different trips). Two men from a furniture company where my wife has worked were attacked with machette's, then robbed, although they survived it was touch and go.

As my brother has his C-card, he says that most of the fish life is gone, many locals have depleated the bigger fish for food.
Wow, that's really terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. Can't imagine how you would feel about here.
We do have our fair share of crime, but I live here all my life and the thought of something like that happeneing to me, has never crossed my mind. Those are really bizaar incidents. I can see the short sighted harrassment of some torrist happening, but machette attacks... wow. That is hard to read.

It is true, the local fishing has really negatively affected the reefs and fish life, not to mention the recent hurricanes, but I have recently seen small signs of improvement, so I am hopeful. A lot still needs to be done. We really need an approach similar to Cayman, really.

The best place to dive right now is in Negril. They do a reasonable job at policing the waters there, so the reef and marine life is not too bad.

Nice pics.

Love the Fireworm

Very very nice Marc. That's the best fireworm/bristleworm image I've ever seen. Beautiful!!
++Ken++

Thnx for the pix and the honest observations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom