A few from N. Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbh

Reaction score
I got slammed when I got back to work Monday AM so I have not had much computer time.

Here are I few I have had time to resize:

NS%20WhipGoby.jpg

NS%20Scorp01.jpg

NS%20Octo01.jpg

NS%20Nudi01.jpg

NS%20Trumpet01.jpg

NS%20Nudi02.jpg

NS%20Anem01.jpg

Dave

Nice!

A question. Seems that a lot of people like to shoot macro? Is this born out of the coolness of getting close to STUFF, or because WA shots are more difficult do to the inability to light the entire area?

Not intending to hijack your Thread Dave, and like I said NICE! But there seems to be a problem with your D200 housing, I'd recommend you send that my way for a look!

WA is hard... I think it involves more intricate lighting and angling. What I mean is the amount of different subjects in a WA shot can be many, and lighting and focusing on the most important parts is difficult to accomplish. With Macro we can focus on one subject and try to bring that subject out. Although I could also argue that Macro is just as difficult as WA, it's just that fair Macro shots may look better than fair WA shots.

Oh, by the way sick pics... any editing?

I LOVE the nudi butt pic.
That is awesome.

havnmonkey:
Oh, by the way sick pics... any editing?

Besides the RAW conversion, only levels, unsharpen mask and resize. There is alot less PS required for the D200 pics than my D70 pics.

Ron:
You are probably not going to see too many WA shots from Lembeh (arguably the macro capital of diving venues). It is mostly black sand and good vis is 20'.

Dave

Thank you for posting these -- we are scheduled to go to Sulawesi in September, and the more lovely pictures I see, the more excited I get about the trip. 20 feet of viz -- sounds awesome! (Remember, we live in Seattle . . . )

Way cool, thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom