A couple of quick Zeagle BP/W questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I travel quite a bit for work and would like to adjust my gear so I can take opportunistic dives. As an example, I will be in the Palm Beach area for a few days next week, and would like to sneak in a night dive at Blue Heron Bridge/Phil Foster park. I currently use a Zeagle Stiletto for buoyancy control, but I find it to be quite bulky for packing and am considering changing to a BP/W because it looks like I can carry on all my gear and a couple days of clothes if I fashion one of the jury rigged backplate/backpack setups as one of my carry-ons. This leads me to my questions:

• Will I find a BP/W to be significantly less bulky than my Stiletto for carry-on?

• I'm thinking of picking up a Zeagle BP and harness and using my Stiletto wing because of the obvious cost savings. Would this result in a good setup, or would I be better off buying a whole new DGX or Zeagle BP/W? The Complete new setup could be useful on family dive trips for my son (the whole family of 5 dives) who is 13, 5'11" and is a beanpole but is quickly filling out.

Is the Stiletto wing removable? If it is, does it have slots for cam bands?

It looks like the Stiletto wing - if at all detachable - is very much one unit with the harness. The bungees that keep it from flapping for instance. Not sure if that wing would work as well on a classic backplate.

It comes off quite easily. Here are photos of the wing as well as a video on how to attach it to a BP:

Zeagle Wing Attachment Video

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

I forgot to mention that my SMB is still attached to the bungee (the strange bulge in the first photo).

Is the Stiletto wing removable? If it is, does it have slots for cam bands?
The wing actually attaches via the cam bands to the Stiletto harness.

I found a picture of the wing. If this is it, then it won't work with a standard backplate.

Screenshot_20220303-124638-742.png

Simple BP/W is a lot less bulky than the Stiletto but not sure for carry on.

Big difference.

I believe Zeagle used to make composite backpack for its tec wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom