A couple of pics from the last couple of days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beautybelow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
IMG_6364.jpg

Flounder3.jpg

Seafan2.jpg

Seafan.jpg

Nice! But I have a request. I know you have seahourses (I've seen them) and giant baracuda.

Grace us with pictures of them next?

I don't have very many seahorse pictures unfortunately. There just arent many on the side of the island I dive on usually. This one was from Utila, and of course the strobe quit firing that dive.

Seahorse.jpg

Barracuda-1.jpg

Barracuda4.jpg

Barracuda3.jpg

great stuff! so is your site.

excellent

Nice stuff, Jon. I really like the bug and the flounder. The surface effect on the second fan shot is great and the big Cuda in the bait school is really nice as well.

nice set of images, that lobster is very cool! never see them in the open like that over here.

Can i give a suggestion? Quite a bit of shadow on pics 3 and 4 from keeping your strobe way off to the right.

When shooting vertical try to bring the strobe back up over top of your camera so it is in the 11 oclock to 1 oclock area. This will cut down on the harsh shadows.

Oh please stop doing this! Its cold dark and windy here and I cant get in the water, gonna go insane if I keep seeing these picture. Think I'm goonna cry now!!!!

Seriously though, cracking photo's fella

Mike Veitch:
nice set of images, that lobster is very cool! never see them in the open like that over here.

Can i give a suggestion? Quite a bit of shadow on pics 3 and 4 from keeping your strobe way off to the right.

When shooting vertical try to bring the strobe back up over top of your camera so it is in the 11 oclock to 1 oclock area. This will cut down on the harsh shadows.

Thanks for the tips Mike. I really wish I could swim more with two strobes. I have been in the habit of trying to get the strobe under the subject when shooting up on a wall or high piece of coral. Usually I can manage to get rid of the shadows like that, light the subject from the bottom and better match the light on the surface. My problem is I usually rush the shots, either I have taken a hundred just like it or people are swimming up behind me and I dont really stop to take it....just a quick snap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom