A Couple Non-Diving Cozumel Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a family vacation to Cozumel next week. We are staying at the Iberostar down south. This is a family vacation where I get to do some diving (and not enough diving, its killing me).

Can anyone recommend one of the "beaches" (the ones with all the inflatable slides) that is better than the others? They look fun from the boats as we are going by and my wife wants to take the kids for an afternoon or day.

Is Albertos (right next to Iberostar) worth a walk over? Is it family friendly? I'm not interested in a senor frogs experience. I am trying to balance the fact its right next door vs going somewhere better downtown. If Albertos is a better than average place, I'm OK with a walk over.

Paradise Beach Club is a good option. All the water toys you could need, lots of seating and a great pool with bar. Friends I know also recommend Sancho's but I've not been myself.

Alberto's is very close. My wife and I had a lovely Mother's Day sunset dinner there a year ago. I think twice a week Alberto's has some type of nightlife according to the sound of their music drifting over to the Iberostar.

I have a family vacation to Cozumel next week. We are staying at the Iberostar down south. This is a family vacation where I get to do some diving (and not enough diving, its killing me).

Can anyone recommend one of the "beaches" (the ones with all the inflatable slides) that is better than the others? They look fun from the boats as we are going by and my wife wants to take the kids for an afternoon or day.

Is Albertos (right next to Iberostar) worth a walk over? Is it family friendly? I'm not interested in a senor frogs experience. I am trying to balance the fact its right next door vs going somewhere better downtown. If Albertos is a better than average place, I'm OK with a walk over.

I suggest that Paradise Beach is the best choice.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

We always enjoy Alberto's. It is worth the short walk. It is not like Senor Frogs. You might get a few people that have had too much to drink but you could get that at any restaurant. Kids are there all the time. It is a great place to watch the sunset and enjoy a nice meal. There are bands a few nights a week, but the only issue is that it is loud.

Paradise Beach was great - the kids had fun on the water toys.

Dad however, did not enjoy seeing dive boats stop by for their SI and not take me with them. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom