A clip to review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesD

Contributor
Reaction score
Short clip...

Bar Jacks

So what would you have done, my problem with this clip is that the "good" stuff is the distance because you can see the fish circling that rock, and can see some of them eating as they go round.

The bad is that because of the distance the red filter did almost nothing and it came out pretty blue on blue with blue bits. I've tried playing with filters but can't get it to go anywhere that looks good. Thoughts?

The most important thing you can do is White Balance. If you cannot do it manually. Then go to your recording depth (more then 20 feet), put on the red filter, point at the sand, then turn on your camera. This should force a white balance. If you decend another 10 feet, redo the process. Good luck.

-Mark

marksm:
The most important thing you can do is White Balance. If you cannot do it manually. Then go to your recording depth (more then 20 feet), put on the red filter, point at the sand, then turn on your camera. This should force a white balance. If you decend another 10 feet, redo the process. Good luck.

-Mark

Agreed. For stuff that's close up (5-8 feet, especially wrecks), good lights really help.
For further away stuff, WB seems to be the way to do it. However, engaging red filter below about 80 feet on some setups (most?) can cause really dark footage as some light gets blocked.

From what I understand, if you use the red filter, you really need to WB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom