A Christmas Wish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

This year instead of the usual request for presents I have one simple wish, one simple prayer.
Instead of the usual rush for presents and the commercial hustle and bustle, help me to take time and see the beauty of the season.
Instead of becoming frustrated with the long lines in stores, traffic on the streets and the crowds of people in the mall, help me to see them as individuals. To see them as my neighbors, my friends, my family and my co-workers.
Instead of giving and receiving presents help me to give something much more valuable; my time. Let me spend more time with my families and friends. More time with loved ones, with those that are closest to me. More time getting closer to those that are often far away. Let me spend more time with those that are younger than me, sharing their delight on Christmas morning at all the presents from Santa. Let me spend more time with those that are older, reminiscing about previous years, keeping old traditions alive and remembering those that are gone.
Instead of wanting for Christmas help me see what I can give. My time to someone who needs it. A gift to someone who has nothing. Sharing food with someone who will have no Christmas dinner.
But most of all, bring me closer to that special person, the one that has made me slow down and realize what things are really important, which things really matter. Let me spend time with that person and just share our thoughts, our hopes, our dreams.
If I get but one wish this Christmas, let it be that I get to spend some quiet time in person and face to face with the one person that really matters to me so that I may start the new year in the best way possible.

Thank you for sharing it in order to help use all remember the important things about today. The gifts are fun but they really aren't the point.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom