http://www.diveheart.org/

A Christmas to Remember 2!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Santa here calling all elves.:sleigh:

Last year many of you pitched in to help out our friend Kimber. For those of you who do not know; our friend Kimber suffered two aneurism's while diving nearly 19 months ago. She has endured intense physical therapy, surgery, and countless other issues. You can find more info in the "Kimber" forum, if you'd like to. As for this thread - I'd really like to keep it about the kids and what we can do. :)

Anywhahoozle, Kimber has three children, Kylia (9), Logan (11), and Jeremy (17). Last year many of you donned your Santa and Elf caps and together we were able to pull off a wonderful Christmas for Kimber's children. :xmastree: As we know, Kimber is still working hard on recovering and in light of that I was thinking we try and pull this off again.:santa3: I've already received a few pm's wondering when we going to get this ball rolling - so here we go :bananalama: Let's us (SB) pull together and bring a twinkle to some kids on Christmas day.

I'll work on getting a Christmas list today. I know an elf that can probably help me with that. :santa4: I do already know the kids need clothes and shoes (I am hoping we can get gift certs or cash that I can turn into certs for these items). Games to help keep them occupied would also be great. Anything anyone can do is appreciated. So if you would, please be so kind as to take a moment and think about this family that really needs us/the SB family, I would be ever so grateful.

With that Merry Christmas everyone

-MissD

P.S. Please, please feel free to copy this thread and put it in your sig line, to help let others know of what we are trying to accomplish.

You can pm me if you need my address. My paypal is msdrctd@verizon.net For anyone that has a package they want to mail directly, let me know and I will get you the address that we are sending things to (this is an elf that will take in packages and deliver them to Kimber's place, all at once, in time for Christmas). Also, if you do mail directly, please be sure to wrap your gift and label who it is to. :) And remember no matter how little or how much you do - it all adds up.

Love and :hugs: to all of you.

Update:

Logan is interested in getting a Barnes & Noble Gift card

Okay, I just received the following letter from Logan. I have copied it in its entirety :) :

MD (MissDirected),
Hello and yes this is the correct e-mail adress so here it is.
DS Games:
Purchased: Ledgend Of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon: Diamond Version
Lunar Knights

Clothes:
Jeans Size 14
Shirts Size Medium
Shoes Size 7 Men

Toys:
Purchased UB Funkey
Magnetix I-Coaster
Purchased: Transformers (any kind)

Game Systems:
Wii (Tell Santa That It Is Not Needed At ALL)
If Santa Gets Me A Wii One Game That I Would Want Is
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Thank You Again!

Sincerely,
Logan Thurman

Logan added the following:

I Forgot One Thing.. If You Havent Sent My List Already.

One D.S. Game.

-Drawn To Life

Finally :jump: "The list" from Kylia

the things i want :
streak and style
Purchased: Conair quick gems
golden earrings
sewing*material (black,see through hot pink)
sewing pattern (skirt)
Purchased: MiJam (guitar or head-set)
iCoaster
babby abigale
Purchased: ub funkey
Late addition: Skateboard
games:
Electronic monopoly
Purchased: Uno Attack
battelship
thing i really really do not need:
psp
wii
things i need:
socks (short)
winter jacket
belt
shirt*(size 14/16)
jeans(size 14)

And finally Jeremy's wish list:
Purchased: A new Rug for my room (Target card)
Purchased: Blanket for my bed (Target card)

Shoes
Warm Jacket

Also, this part of an email sent to me by Jeremy:

hey tracy
this is great that you and scuba board are doing this again for my mom and us this year. We all know my mom has been through alot of crap again this year and she cant really get to the stores for christmas. I dont really have a hugmungous xmas list this year but there are a few things i can think of. I kinda want a new rug for my room and blanket for my bed so a gift card to target or somewhere would be cool. I need some new shoes and a warm jacket so maybe an american express or one of those kind of cards would be nice so I can shop around and pick it myself. I'll be super thankful for anything else you guys can pull through to help us out.

Thank you Again and I'll tell Kylia to get back to you next time I talk to you
thanks,
jeremy

Anything that I can do.. I'm there! :) Just let me know!

I added that to my signature line :D Keep us posted Miss D

Okay, the first post has been updated to include Logan's Christmas Wish List :xmastree:

Hi MissD,

This is so nice of you. I'd be happy to buy a pair of shoes, or a game or something.

So how does this all work?

I'll try and squeeze it into my crowded sig line.

Thanks Ron but I can't take all the credit - a couple others were wondering when we were going to get this going but thank you :santa1: :kiss:

Also, did you know the ToS changed? You are now allowed 6 lines in your sig, instead of four :)

I am working on getting an address to mail packages to in Cali (should have that tied up today). This is a little different than I did it last year but I think it is going to work better and save on some postage and other costly incidentals. :rudy:

As for people sending cash - I am going to keep a tally of what people get and what we still need to get then I am going to purchase gift cards/certificates so that the kids can be taken shopping after Christmas (this way we don't have to worry about exchanging things that do not fit). So essentially I am thinking a couple toys under the tree for Christmas day and the rest for shopping :coolsnow:

I'm in again as well...

Back
Top Bottom