A change in plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
well the original plan was to go away for a couple of years to S/E asia do our IDCs and teach and live blah blah....

well my wife now doesnt want to leave her job so the plans have changed from a 2 year trip to a 6 month trip.

now what I want from you guys is this...we have 6 months away starting in Thailand, we also want to dive the perhentians as we have friends there, sipidan, similans, indonesia, philipines and micronesia.

so give me your intineries if this was you..

thanks

When are you coming? All depends on the monsoons and the time of year.
Here's the suggested months to visit the various dive spots for you to plan your trip accordingly.

Phuket/Similians/Hin Daeng - Nov to Apr
Pattaya/Koh Tao/Samui - Feb to Nov

Bali - Apr to Oct (Aug-Oct - mola mola season!)
Pulau Weh - Oct to Apr
Timor/Komodo/Rajah Ampat/Flores/PNG (via LOB) - all year
Lembeh/Manado - all year

Perhantians/Redang/Tioman/Tenggol - Mar to Oct
Sipadan - all year

Puerto Galera: - Oct to May
Panglao/Balicaig/Calibao: - Nov to May
Tubbataha Reef (via LOB): - Mar to June

Malddives: - All year except May - Jul

Off season diving may be difficult or not possible depending on weather/hurricane conditions. In some spots, it may be better to dive in non-peak seasons due to less crowded spots.

I would also suggest doing IDCs with your friends. Perhentians is a good place to learn although the courses are quite seasonal and may not run during the monsoon season from Nov to Mar. Other well regarded IDC places to consider could be Puerto Galera or Phuket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom