A Cape Hatteras Summer - Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All:

Well, I'm finally getting down to editing the video I did this summer in Hatteras and Virginia Beach. Since this is stuff I'm copyrighting, I haven't added music yet.

The first "teaser" is the wreck of the Dixie Arrow, an 8,000 ton tanker torpedoed by the German Submarine U-71 in March of 1942.

These dives were done off JT's boat "Under Pressure" with Bobby, his wife Trina, Trey and Ryan, among with some other fanatics.

We did a series of 4 weekends during the summer, so more video to come!

Here ya go and ENJOY!

[vimeo]2892113[/vimeo]

Andy

Nice Video, What kind of sharks were with you?

Nice Video, What kind of sharks were with you?

Thanks for the comments guys!

On this dive, just Sand Tigers upward of about 10 FT in length.

The shark crossing the bulkhead in profile was nice size.

I'll be posting more video soon with a "flock" of sharks from the Proteus.

I don't think Trina & I were on this trip, in June, since we were in Florida.
But this is the flock.
P7130025.JPG

From our July trip to the Proteus on board the "Under Pressure" under the command of Capt. JT.

This 1 was keeping us company at our 40ft stop. Probably 1 of the biggest Sandtigers I have ever seen, & I have seen a lot.
P7130061.JPG

Nice knowing it is there with 20 minutes of Deco ceiling still to serve.

Oh c'mon now, RAD, they were VERY polite sharks!

And yep, that female had to be close to 15 FT.

BTW, I still have brownies! What time did you get home?

:D

Oh c'mon now, RAD, they were VERY polite sharks!

And yep, that female had to be close to 15 FT.

BTW, I still have brownies! What time did you get home?

:D

I think that Kent might have a different opinion on how polite the Sharks were being that day. And that big hole in his goody bag would prove his point.:eyebrow:

Trina noticed we didn't grab any snacks for the road & mentioned how you didn't volunteer any helpful hints about us bringing any home.:rofl3:

We got home right at 7:30, not too bad considering all the A-holes blocking the left lane doing 67mph on 95, causing everyone to find a way around, but we did.
No real traffic until Williamsburg & when the rain started, no one could move more than 50ft without hitting their brakes.:shakehead:
Plus there was a big wreck at the 264/64 interchange so we jumped off at Northhampton Blvd to Shore Dr. to Great Neck Rd. not too bad we made it home in 15 minutes.:D
Everyone must have been stuck on the interstate.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom