A bit of an off topic-Manila advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

first no hotel that I know allows smoking in the rooms anymore, 2nd re victoria court their main focus is by the hour rooms and 3rd saint illiians is sort of off the beaten track in Makati, As noted above if you want convenience to shopping look for address on Arnaiz (aka Pasay road) or Makati Ave, otherwiase you will be taking a taxi everywhere

Some hotels have designated rooms for smokers and for non smokers, I have not encountered this problem elsewhere except for Manila.
This narrows down my options even more, if I want to stay close to shopping malls for a reasonable price.
I found Copa Businessman's Hotel on 912 Pasay/Arnaiz, Tower Inn on 1002 or Crown Regency on 1026 same Avenue, non have a "clean record" as far as guests reviews, some are worst then others.
Other hotels on Makati to be considered are City Garden, which some reviews mention it`s in a doggy neighbourhood. There`s the Lourdes Suites which I think is close by to City Garden and Amorsolo Mantion on Amorsolo st. corner of Herrera st. not sure where exactly that is.
Any others I should consider?
:confused:

The last few times we stayed in Metro Manila, I have always booked through Asia Travel Hotels Resorts Air Ticketing Tours Packages Reservation

They have a wide range of hotels in different budget classes available. They have a section for Makati, Manila and Ortigas so you have plenty of choice available. From my experience, the prices they offer are lower than the rates you would pay directly at the hotel.

City Garden Hotel in Makati Avenue, Makati.

Just returned from a day and night in Manila. I got a little confused when making reservations and booked at City Garden in Ermita(not Makati), it is very close to Lotus Gardens in fact they are owned/managed by the same company. The room I booked was very nice, breakfast was included and it was only a short walk to Rizal Park and Ocean Marine Park(a must see if your spending any time in Manila).. It was less than a 250P taxi ride from the Airport(using Airport Taxi's)..

The only potential downside was the proximity to several KTV's which may make some folks nervous when you walk by!!!

Hey everyone! Along the same lines, I am going to be departing for a 2 week dive trip to Puerto Galera and Malapascua in just a few weeks and will need to spend the first night in Manila given our late arrival. Are there any recommendations for inexpensive, but clean and safe hotels that are close to the airport? We arrive around midnight and will be leaving for Puerto Galera after a quick night's sleep, so I am not concerned with proximity to sights in Manila, merely convenience to the airport. Thanks for any help you can provide!

rach641

book the city state tower hotel. nothing fancy but clean and around 2000php. next morning just catch sikat bus out of this hotel. you can book a trip right up to sabang. one of the best options if you want to go to puerto galera.

cab fare airport - hotel at this time of the day should be around 150 to 180php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom