A bit of an off topic-Manila advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I respectfully disagree. If anything it's closer. But then again you guys don't see thing thru local eyes.

Makati (excluding Burgos) is better for tourists who don't want to hang around bar girls

Any specific hotel in Makati you would recommend?

Any specific hotel in Makati you would recommend?
city garden... there's also a really quaint-looking boutique hotel on the corner of pasay road and makati avenue whose name i can't remember right now

should appear on ClickTheCity.com

Jag

there's also a really quaint-looking boutique hotel on the corner of pasay road and makati avenue whose name i can't remember right now

Jag

Looks like I'm not the only one with mental problems....:rofl3::D

if shopping is your priority, hotels along pasay road would be best since its closest to greenbelt and glorietta malls where there are plenty of shopping and dining options. these include tower inn, el cielito, and crown regency.
jag, i actually wrote about the launch of that hotel. cant remember the name. all i remember is that its expensive.
city garden is good value for money but too far from shopping but real close to the girly bars.
depends on what you want.

you guys are talking about Hotel Celeste ,cor of Pasay Road and Makati ave. I agree with Jigo and others that if you are looking for legit shopping and not the human type, i would recommend any of the hotels in Pasay road or Makati ave area (except Burgos st). you can look at Hotel and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor and search for Makati hotels, I think they list 40+ and include the ones along Pasay Road (aka Arnaiz Ave)

you guys are talking about Hotel Celeste ,cor of Pasay Road and Makati ave. I agree with Jigo and others that if you are looking for legit shopping and not the human type, i would recommend any of the hotels in Pasay road or Makati ave area (except Burgos st). you can look at Hotel and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor and search for Makati hotels, I think they list 40+ and include the ones along Pasay Road (aka Arnaiz Ave)

You got it right kwhkg, I`m not into shopping for 2 legged live creatures...
Tripadvisor is very helpful but problem is, it`s difficult to tell which part of Makti or Pasay the hotels are in.Finding the streets on the map is tricky, at least to me.
I was looking at Saint Illian`s Inn, it got very good reviews but turns out there`s no smoking in the rooms, my significant other is not happy to go for a smoke on the floor`s veranda.
On my search I came across some quirky hotels I think this tops the list:
Victoria Court the Best Motel and Hotel in the Philippines :)

maybe here lies the confusion: there is a pasay city. but we are talking about the former pasay road, now called arnaiz ave, that has hotels and is near two malls called glorietta and greenbelt. hth.

first no hotel that I know allows smoking in the rooms anymore, 2nd re victoria court their main focus is by the hour rooms and 3rd saint illiians is sort of off the beaten track in Makati, As noted above if you want convenience to shopping look for address on Arnaiz (aka Pasay road) or Makati Ave, otherwiase you will be taking a taxi everywhere

My wife and I stayed at Saint Illian`s last year. Tiny rooms and small bathrooms but overall very good value. Our taxi driver from the airport had a bit of a hard time finding the place as the street is a bit dark at night and as mentioned off the main part of Makati City. But it was still a quick taxi ride to Glorietta/Green Belt and we didn't have any trouble taking a jeepnies/buses to the Mall of Asia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom