A Bit Late- 4k Video of our week in Coz. Oct 15-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tunaman68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had an amazing time back after a two year Covid break. The island was amazing as always. We pulled off 18 dives in 7 days but never felt rushed or exhausted! I know the nortes have been back, but we had flat seas and 85 degrees with light to no current. The people have had a rough go of it, but they put on their brave faces and welcome us all back with open arms. The reefs were spectacular and I thought juvenile fish life was incredible. Only saw one Eagle Ray, but there were plenty of the other usual suspects and I had my first ever dolphin encounter on a surface interval. We were only able to get a quick glimpse from underwater, but we could hear them!!! Stayed at the always awesome Blue Angel and ate some amazing meals at many of our favorites in town. Dove with Caribbean Divers Cozumel (our best buddy Cezar) and our usual crew at the BA. Check out the video. Shot on a Go Pro 8 with Sola 1200's. I edited and composed and performed the music score as well. Hope you enjoy! Be sure to choose 4K!!

Awesome- thanks for sharing.

Mind posting a picture of your GoPro setup?

Thinking of getting a tray/lights and really liked the quality and stability in your video.

Thanks!

Awesome- thanks for sharing.

Mind posting a picture of your GoPro setup?

Thinking of getting a tray/lights and really liked the quality and stability in your video.

Thanks!
Most of it was once again learning to go SLOW and take my time to hold the shots and give the viewer the ability to digest what they are seeing. Really happy with the outcome this trip. The tray clips onto the BC and then has a bungee that allows it to stretch away for shooting, or clip in close and tuck away when not wanted. The lights are Sola 1200.

Attachments

• 65698020834__0F01B392-AB6D-4773-AFF4-9C652532CFDC.jpeg
    65698020834__0F01B392-AB6D-4773-AFF4-9C652532CFDC.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 65698028595__F9786BD4-BDBA-4DE4-B8D6-9D8215DE5CE3.jpeg
    65698028595__F9786BD4-BDBA-4DE4-B8D6-9D8215DE5CE3.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 96
Awesome, thanks

I use the Backscatter filters, which help a little, but lights are the only way to get that color back.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond

Awesome, thanks

I use the Backscatter filters, which help a little, but lights are the only way to get that color back.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond
I've been going with a GoPro for 10 years (at first a very primitive version with an aftermarket dome lens to try and fix the fisheye problem and no light at all). This is the first time that I felt like I could convey at least SOME of the crazy colors that exist on those reefs and in those structures with any amount of success.

Thanks for the video! Best 12 minutes of my day. My heart rate is way down after enjoying it!!! Appreciate you creating and sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom