A 50m dive with a difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoppy

Reaction score
Well yesterday I did my deepest ever dive !

All the way to 50 metres and never got wet.

Thanks to the crew at the North West Recompression Chamber at the Wirral for a great day out.

The lecture before hand is worth it alone, interesting to see what Hyperbaric medicine is all about.

Then the dive, now i really know what narced is :D off my face by 45m. My club mates were really impressed by the involuntary Smurf impressions

If you've never tried this then I thoroughly recommend a club trip, it is informative and fun all in one.

PM me for details if you like

Hoppy

Hoppy:
Well yesterday I did my deepest ever dive !

All the way to 50 metres and never got wet.

Thanks to the crew at the North West Recompression Chamber at the Wirral for a great day out.

The lecture before hand is worth it alone, interesting to see what Hyperbaric medicine is all about.

Then the dive, now i really know what narced is :D off my face by 45m. My club mates were really impressed by the involuntary Smurf impressions

If you've never tried this then I thoroughly recommend a club trip, it is informative and fun all in one.

PM me for details if you like

Hoppy

Hoppy, I just found this post - I don't suppose you know were we could do this down south :wink:

COOL hoppy, Im glad you enjoyed it, I did my first chamber dive two years ago and was totally blown away. Did you try to whistle? its impossible below about 20 meters.

Mr Mares:
Hoppy, I just found this post - I don't suppose you know were we could do this down south :wink:

Have you tried Whipps Cross Hospital?

I know DDRC do them, but Plymouth is probably a bit far for a pot dive.

Adrian

Cheers mate, I'll try them out

Mr M,

As far as I know the only places that do this are DDRC and the one on the Wirral.

The medicinal bit is fascinating and the "dive" is great fun. Well worth a drive.

Hoppy:
Mr M,

As far as I know the only places that do this are DDRC and the one on the Wirral.

The medicinal bit is fascinating and the "dive" is great fun. Well worth a drive.

Its like bl@@dy buses, you wait for ages and then loads come along at once :D

Centre has opened in Cardiff and one in London, care of Diver Magazine :wink:

Mr Mares:
Its like bl@@dy buses, you wait for ages and then loads come along at once :D

Centre has opened in Cardiff and one in London, care of Diver Magazine :wink:

There was one in swansea too, dont know if its still open. London has been going for a while. I spoke to the DDRC and they said they dont do them anymore.

Mike

The swansea one is NOT open to divers.

As for Cardiff, the crazy thing is its NOT open on weekends (when most people are diving), people are still being flown to Plymouth. I dont think you can chamber dive it though.

You can book chamber dives in the national dive centre (Chepstow) though.

Back
Top Bottom