A 15 Minute Snorkel at Breakwater this Past May...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracysaCADiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So it's a bit late, and I know it doesn't really count as a diver per se, but it's at least something in the water...

Also there are no underwater shots here. I don't have a camera or a housing yet for me two cameras that I do have.

Anyway, last Memorial Day weekend I and a few friends of mine went to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and did the tour thing for about 4 hours. I took a ton of pictures since it was my first time being there. I might have to go back because there is always something to learn from a place like that. Like the first attached photo says, the sea has cast it's spell on me. I had another friend of mine using one of my cameras and between the two of us we took 196 pix that day. I know for some that might be small change, but that was alot for me and my buddy.

After we got done with our visit at the aquarium, we went to Breakwater, where I went snorkeling. IMG_1011.JPG DSC00860.JPG
I was only in the water for about 15 minutes, and saw nothing but dead kelp, but that might have been because of the time that I was there. It was around 4:30 or 5 in the evening, which might have been the time for the changing of the guard. Or another thought might be that the classes that were there earlier in the morning might have chased all of the life away.

DSC00863.JPG

After fighting some traffic on the way home, we made it home safely after seeing three accidents on 101 itself. Come to find out that Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend are Cannery Row's busiest weekends of the year, and that also includes the Monterey Bay Aquarium

Attachments

• IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 161
Nice and toasty water, eh? :)
It wasn't too bad. I was nice and toasty in my 7 mil wet suit. I would say it was probably in the 60's or so.

Oh yeah, one thing that I failed to mention above. When I got there there was a diver suiting up. I think he said his name was Dave or something like that. Shoot, it's been almost 8 months since the trip, so my memory could be failing me. His wife or SO was already ready to go, just needed to put her gear on. It looked like he had a big camera housing and when I saw him go out, he was near the wall.

Don't know if that gentleman is a fellow Scubaboarder or not, but if so, I'm pretty sure he'll recognize me from the photos.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom