$99 Cressi Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have one or used one of these---comments please!
"Cressi Sub Seal Full Face Mask - This full face mask is a great addition to any divers gear.Product ID: KX 750089 Cressi Sub Seal Full Face Mask"

Were did you see this? I just checked Cressi's site and it isn't there, or I'm not finding it.

I would think that $99 for a full face mask is a little on the cheap side.

What's the point of this FFM? It doesn't support underwater comm devices and doesn't have a backup reg port. So essentially it just has a lot of extra silicone get torn, worn, and in the way.

All the dissadvantages of FFM with none of the benefits. That's why it's so cheap.

mempilot:
What's the point of this FFM? It doesn't support underwater comm devices and doesn't have a backup reg port. So essentially it just has a lot of extra silicone get torn, worn, and in the way.

All the dissadvantages of FFM with none of the benefits. That's why it's so cheap.

Saw it on several of the internet scuba sales sites. First heard about it in the new issue of Divers Alert/DAN,,,,, Yep I agree on the no bentifit deal----maybe a little cold water protection at best....even saw on sale for $79.

I purchased one on ebay not long ago, for $59.00. I haven't been in open water with it yet, but as I have updated just about all my gear, I have done the pool trip once. So far I love it, as I am not interested in communications and such, I think it will work great for me. I do dive primarily in cold water, so it does protect your face. Plus I have bare drysuit hood that it seals great to and no squeeze on your face. The only problem I am having so far, as it is extremely soft and pliable, it tends to vibrate, for lack of better words, when inhaling, as you inhale, the masks moves inward slightly, until the regulator valve opens, then it moves out, ocillating as you breathe in. I have read also that putting the regulator mouthpiece back on will help this and also making it safer if it did flood. So this I have done, and will try it on my next dive. Again, so far I like it, much more comfortable than a regular mask, and it doesn't leak at all. Easy to purge and use.

We sell them for $75 in the shop and they are great for cold water diving. Leaving the mouthpiece on gives you the option of using it in heavy workload situations and prevents any CO2 build up in the mask. Having the mouthpiece on would allow unrestricted breathing, but the mask is very easy to clear just by pressing the purge on the reg so I don't see this as a real issue. And with the mouthpiece off it is a more comfortable and CO2 buildup is not normally an issue as it is a relatively low volume mask for a full face mask.

The low volume is also nice as it does not give you the bouyancy and trim issues that a larger FFM can do and no weights are required.

My preference in attaching the reg is to use a zip tie for security like you would with a regular mouthpiece and to turn the rubber seal for the mouthpiece inside out so it faces outward. This allows any small amount of water in the mask to drain out the reg in a normal swimming position.

I have not had any issues with the mask sucking in on ihalation, but then I am using a D400 with a .6 cracking effort.

The lack of a backup reg port is also not really a concern as long as you are bringing along a spare mask to use while breathing off a backup reg or deco reg. If you wanted, you could still use it with a gas switching block.

One nice thing about the cressi FFM is that I have not yet found anyone that the mask would not fit.

I've got a couple of the critters, use them on hookah for those all-day dives that'd normally wear out the little flap at the back of the throat that keeps you from unintentional sucking through the nose.
I've mounted the little speaker/mikes in them before, it's no big deal to poke a couple holes through the rubber & bolt on a pair of terminals.
Keep the mouthpiece on the reg to minimize the CO2 retention.

We sell them for $75 in the shop and they are great for cold water diving. Leaving the mouthpiece on gives you the option of using it in heavy workload situations and prevents any CO2 build up in the mask. Having the mouthpiece on would allow unrestricted breathing, but the mask is very easy to clear just by pressing the purge on the reg so I don't see this as a real issue. And with the mouthpiece off it is a more comfortable and CO2 buildup is not normally an issue as it is a relatively low volume mask for a full face mask.

The low volume is also nice as it does not give you the bouyancy and trim issues that a larger FFM can do and no weights are required.

My preference in attaching the reg is to use a zip tie for security like you would with a regular mouthpiece and to turn the rubber seal for the mouthpiece inside out so it faces outward. This allows any small amount of water in the mask to drain out the reg in a normal swimming position.

I have not had any issues with the mask sucking in on ihalation, but then I am using a D400 with a .6 cracking effort.

The lack of a backup reg port is also not really a concern as long as you are bringing along a spare mask to use while breathing off a backup reg or deco reg. If you wanted, you could still use it with a gas switching block.

One nice thing about the cressi FFM is that I have not yet found anyone that the mask would not fit.

Have you tried using a snorkel with the mask?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom