90 years old female diver. World record?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We dove Palancar caves today with a lady who is 90 years old. I’ve searched the web and cannot find a world record of an older female diver.

Just curious.... has anyone ever dove with a woman older than 90?

Did Cozumel just host a Potential World Record?

About 7 years shy

Dottie Mae Frazier
The worlds first female LA Co UW Instructor in 1956 -
in a very demanding course and a time that most thought no female could possibly pass
Dottie is 97 and going strong ...
dives when the mood strikes her

Dottie was followed by Barbara Allen 82-- doing great

The next year Zale Parry 86 -- only 4 years shy and still very active in diving

Dottie has been an LA CO UW Instructor for 63 years, Barbara for 62 and Zale for 61 years
3 other diving records which will probably never be broken

Sorry to burst your bubble

SDM

We dove with a guy in Feb. that was probably that old. He had an.....accident....in the water, getting back in the boat. Then in the boat. That was unpleasant, to say the least.

I dove with a lady last year from the UK that was 89. On the dive boat she mentioned that she was going to dive until she was 90. I didn't find out until later that she was 89.

Diving Palau in 1981 we had 2 ladies on our boat one day that traveled the world together diving. Ages 89 and 91. They did 3 long dives that day and a night dive that night. M

My grandmother turns 99 on the 27th. Would seem I need to get her diving. Lol

We dove with a guy in Feb. that was probably that old. He had an.....accident....in the water, getting back in the boat. Then in the boat. That was unpleasant, to say the least.
A lady who was older in a group i shore dove with basically had the same thing happen. Except she went on the beach and in the parking lot by the cars while we were taking the gear apart.

Back
Top Bottom