$8k budget. Where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2022? Dang, go now!
Don't have the funds or time. Already doing the Gulf Flower gardens in August, Florida wrecks in October, and 2 weeks in Bonaire in December. And the female is still in OW class

The longest liveaboard you can afford in Raja Ampat. Or, do a week in Raja and then a week in Komodo. Barring that, do a few liveaboards in the Red Sea, tour Egypt and Jordan, and you will still have leftover to hop over to Tubbataha and Philippines. Indo, Philippines, Red Sea (Egypt) are my top 3. I hear Fiji is also amazing but haven’t been. I’m a serial Indonesia diver, especially Raja Ampat. For a good reason...it’s incredible.

Get your buddy's count up to 100 dives or more, if you can, so that she'll get more out of the trip too.

I'd cash in all your planned trips this year for Raja. :wink:

Is the OP a technical diver or just looking for easy diving somewhere warm?

Yeah, you could probably go somewhere cold and miserable for like a third of that cost. :poke:

Yeah, you could probably go somewhere cold and miserable for like a third of that cost. :poke:
Cold water diving should not be disregarded. If you disregard it, you are a stuck up naive diver that should reconsider.

Ever heard of the Mars shipwreck in Sweden? Antarctica? Some of the best diving in the world is in coldwater. It's good that people do though because the cold sites are less visited and are in a better state leaving the real dedicated divers pristine conditions.

Cold water diving should not be disregarded. If you disregard it, you are a stuck up naive diver that should reconsider.

Ever heard of the Mars shipwreck in Sweden? Antarctica? Some of the best diving in the world is in coldwater. It's good that people do though because the cold sites are less visited and are in a better state leaving the real dedicated divers pristine conditions.

I was kidding. Sheesh. I am fully aware and am, in fact, preparing to do those really cold, shrivel your testicles dives soon.

Sorry, its just I encounter divers abroad who think they're amazing divers (in piss easy conditions, no current, gin clear vis, very bright, no entanglement hazards etc) and act like their area of water is the best in the world, and they are so close minded that they won't try other equally amazing if not better places because of this.

They basically have their head stuck up their ass and can't even contemplate cold water having amazing diving. It's inconceivable that their passion is closed off to one area of diving. I guess it's their loss.

Wreck diving?
Never!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom