8-9 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hawaiian Swimming Crab
1.jpg

Yellowmargin Moray
2.jpg

Leaf Scorpionfish
3.jpg

Commerson's Frogfish
(wide angle shot)
4.jpg

Commerson's Frogfish
(close-up shot)
5.jpg

Commerson's Frogfish
(I couldn't get a full shot of it because of its position on the coral)
6.jpg

Those are some great pics. What kind of camera do you have?

Love the Frogfish framed by the reef. The crab and the eel are also your usual grade of stunning.

Always worth cranking up the PC and looking for your pics. Thanks Jim.

great shots gilligan! Once again showing all of us you don't need an expensive DSLR...

Just out of curiousity, was the background of the close up of the pink frogfish photoshopped out? not a criticism... in fact I like the results! nice contrast with the pink froggie!

pakman:
great shots gilligan! Once again showing all of us you don't need an expensive DSLR...

Just out of curiousity, was the background of the close up of the pink frogfish photoshopped out? not a criticism... in fact I like the results! nice contrast with the pink froggie!

Yes it was. Once I see the background is mostly black or very dark on a shot I often go ahead and blacken the background rather than leave it "blotchy".

You can see from the wide angle shot of the pink frogfish that there is a lot of dark areas above it. The close-up shot revealed that even more. So it fit my criteria for blackening the background, at least in the upper portion of the photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom