8-24-08 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two dives at Trevor's Pinnacle off Aumentos Reef. Vis was once again spectacular. A near tropical 100 feet or so first dive, later clouding to about 50 feet or so, top to bottom with almost no green layer. Lots of pretty stuff.

Baptodoris Mimetica (I think) Could be Doriopsilla Albupunctata
P8240003-01cropsm.jpg

A really pretty Lingcod
P8240023-01sm.jpg

My feeble attempt at WA photography, unfortunately heavily underlit but fortunately rescued with the help of the artist formerly known as Scubabobuba.
BobsPSfix2.jpg

Carol with a couple of hundred Metridium Anemones
P8240005-01sm.jpg

A very red Dirona Albolineata with lots of Cup Coral
P8240045-01sm.jpg

A Diaulula Sandiegensis with a nipple sponge.
P8240046-01cropsm.jpg

A male Kelp Greenling
P8240056-02sm.jpg

Better late than never? Ryan, Ben and myself dove Lobos Thursday and only had 40 ft of vis well outside the cove. 100 feet sure would have been nice :)

Thanks for sharing Larry.

Wonderful photos Larry. Your photography is really getting world-class. That's perhaps the best ling cod image I have ever seen, and your wide-angle shot with the cod and Scubabobuba is great. I really envy how often you guys get out. When does school start? My daughter, who teaches high school English at Cleveland HS in Reseda, starts today. Regards, ++Ken++

I agree with Ken - your best series yet !! I'll bet you're itching to get that DSLR housed !!!!

Very nice pix

Thanks All

Better late than never? Ryan, Ben and myself dove Lobos Thursday and only had 40 ft of vis well outside the cove. 100 feet sure would have been nice :)
Thanks for sharing Larry.
It's been really unpredictable in the Bay. The vis dropped in half at the same site after about an hour and a half. This week, our first dive on the shale we had 10-25 but our second dive an hour and a half later and only 200 yards away we had 40-50.

Wonderful photos Larry. Your photography is really getting world-class. That's perhaps the best ling cod image I have ever seen, and your wide-angle shot with the cod and Scubabobuba is great. I really envy how often you guys get out. When does school start? My daughter, who teaches high school English at Cleveland HS in Reseda, starts today. Regards, ++Ken++

Thanks Ken, I'm flattered. School started last week, this is our second week.
Scubabobuba helped upgrade the pic in the Tips and Techniques post. That's my wife Carol in the picture. The great vis really helped. Also I've been experimenting a lot with lighting. For that one, I used one strobe overhead slightly upward and one angled outward on the left. I think that's bringing out a little more shadow detail than one on each side that I've been using.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, I'm flattered. School started last week, this is our second week.
Scubabobuba helped upgrade the pic in the Tips and Techniques post. That's my wife Carol in the picture. The great vis really helped. Also I've been experimenting a lot with lighting. For that one, I used one strobe overhead slightly upward and one angled outward on the left. I think that's bringing out a little more shadow detail than one on each side that I've been using.

Oooops, I knew it was Carol in the photo, but I figgered that Scubabobub was Carol's nickname. Sure missed that one :)

++Ken++

Nope. Carol is CCohn2000 and usually found in the Instructor to Instructor section or the main forum. ScubaBOBuba now goes by Papa Bob and is a terrific source for Photoshop info. His list of resources in the Digital Darkroom section is amazing.

Thanks Palm Divers.

Back
Top Bottom