77mm > 67mm step-down adapter for Nauticam flip mount for CMC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinksquiddiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

I shoot w/ an Olympus OMD E-M1 w/ the Nauticam housing.
I've been using the 12-50 mm lens w/ the CMC, but just purchased a port for my 60mm lens.
I'd like to be able to use the CMC w/ this lens as well but it is 67mm thread vs 77mm thread w/ the 12-50mm.

I have the 77mm Nauticam flip mount for my CMC and was wondering if anyone knows of a step ring that I could use (77 >> 67mm) to be able to use the original flip mount w/ my new port rather than having to buy a new one (they are so expensive
sad.png
!! )

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

There are a ton of step down rings available but I don't think you will be happy. And I think we answered this question before. Just shoot the 60 macro in the 12-50 port. In my hands at least, using the step down ring didn't work, hard to keep it tight.
Bill

I tried again last night to mount the 77 mm flip adapter to a 67 mm port. I have several step down rings but none of them could make the system tight enough to be useful. If I wanted to machine something I could probably make it work but as is not very good. YMMV of course but in my hands not quite good enough.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom