7 Ft hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am thinking about converting one of my regs to a 7' hose on the primary. Is the hose routing different without a cannister light ( I don't think so) and if not, does the hose 'flop around' much?

Otter:
I am thinking about converting one of my regs to a 7' hose on the primary. Is the hose routing different without a cannister light ( I don't think so) and if not, does the hose 'flop around' much?
Hook it under your knife or stick the excess under the waist band (where your can light would of been)

Tuck into your waist strap of your harness. Works a charm.

Jason

Otter:

It won't flop around much but it may float up over your head depending on the hose. When using a jacket style BCD you can stuff it in/under the cummerbund. I've also seen someone route it under both arms and then up and that was working for him. I popped an air sharing drill on him the last time we dove together and he didn't seem to have any trouble deploying it.

R..

I don't have a canister light and it sits just fine...no float. I don't even notice it other than when I'm taking the gear off/on.

I tried mine under the can light and it felt too tight around the back of my neck (seeing as i am 6'3" its close to 7ft down to my waist and back up anyway :wink: ). I often take a little tension on my SPG (routed to left shoulder D) to keep it from getting slack. Essentially down behind the right arm, turning somewhere around the waist belt, up across the front of your left shoulder and around the back. Whether you can or choose to route it under your can, knife or any other item is your own choice.

I route mine under my weight pocket (on the waste webbing), which works great.

You see, there are many good ways to fry a cat. :eyebrow:

Meet me at Crescent at 3:30 on Thursday and I'll show you how I route mine.
Robb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom