7 Foot Hose On The Apeks Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I put the 7 foot hose on my apex tx50. I noticed some breathing difference but it was not bad on the surface, but I could really tell at depth. I thought the only adjustment was to turn the silver knob on the side, but I guess I was wrong. What other adjustment do I need to do so it breathes good on the 7 foot hose. By the way, I have the hose made for my 1/2 inch port.
Thanks
ADAM

jeepster0000 once bubbled...
I put the 7 foot hose on my apex tx50. I noticed some breathing difference but it was not bad on the surface, but I could really tell at depth. I thought the only adjustment was to turn the silver knob on the side, but I guess I was wrong. What other adjustment do I need to do so it breathes good on the 7 foot hose. By the way, I have the hose made for my 1/2 inch port.
Thanks
ADAM

I sure CANNOT tell the difference.

In addition to the knob there's a little lever thingee next to your mouthpiece (it's called a VIVA). It has 2 positions, + and -. Set to + for diving, on - it breathes like a truck (or a USD reg).

Tom

Thanks
ADAM

Hmm i find it hard to believe that using a 7' hose would in any way degrade regulator performance. The other thing to avoid is custom hoses, i am sure there is a way to convert your 1st stage LP outlet to accomodate a standard hose. If it is standard it is real easy to switch out a second stage/hose or whatever on the beach,if you have custom stuff you have a problem if it fails.

This might be a bit of a "fluid dynamics" question.....

But since the breathing gas is under pressure, does this take the length of the hose out of the "equation" with regards to breathing performance?

(In otherwords, the difference between standard, 5ft, 7ft, or even 10ft would be so slight as to not be noticable.)

I really think he's got his VIVA lever set to -. it'll breath like crap no matter what depth until he changes it.

Tom

I have a 5 ft LP on my rig - I have not noticed any diff in breathing at all.

I did have the lever on - I will put it on the + side from now on, I am sure that is it. Thanks

Adam

The difference will amaze you! Glad that's all it was.

Tom

to be honest i dont think you would get any performance diffrence i dive with mine on a five foot hose and noticed no diffrence even at 100 to 130 feet

I have mine on a 7 foot hose and noticed no difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom