7/8 Manifold availability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AustinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently acquired two older tanks with 7/8 necks, looking to get these doubled up eventually. I see that there is an XS/Thermo manifold in production that will work, part no. VMT378-35A.

Does anyone know if this is the only manifold still produced for these tanks?

On the same note - if older ones are hard to come by are parts for servicing even harder to come by/non-existent?

Wondering if buying new may be best option rather than ending up with something that cannot be serviced if needed.

it depends on the manufacturer of the manifold, but since the genesis and sherwood valve parts became more available, it isn't as bad anymore. NESS carries rebuild kits and iirc trident also has compatible seats now.

On the same note - if older ones are hard to come by are parts for servicing even harder to come by/non-existent?

Wondering if buying new may be best option rather than ending up with something that cannot be serviced if needed.

the Sherwoods don't have full parts availability *valve seats*, but I think that's it. Dive Rite, OMS, and Thermo all made them and with the exception of the neck o-ring which is an off-the-shelf part, there is no difference between the standard 3/4 and 7/8 manifolds. If you have a good machine shop you can always have a 3/4" valve turned down.

You could practically buy a new set of 3442psi doubles for the price of 7/8" UNF tanks and manifold. They basically aren't worth trying to double up unless you either already have a manifold or get incredibly lucky to snag a used one. If you want to double these up "someday" I suggest just selling them as singles and putting the proceeds towards a set of used 3/4" necked tanks (and manifold)

I have a set of Twin Genesis HP 80s with 7/8 thread manifold, dual DIN outlets, isolation valve, and twin bands. I bought these new way back when and haven't used them since 2003. I don't have any reason to believe they wouldn't pass hydro but can't guarantee so being sold "as is." They have been stored in my garage. You would likely have to replace the burst disks. No photos presently but if anyone is interested I can take some. Probably too heavy/expensive to ship so So. Cal. pickup. Asking $325 Mark

I have a set of Twin Genesis HP 80s with 7/8 thread manifold, dual DIN outlets, isolation valve, and twin bands. I bought these new way back when and haven't used them since 2003. I don't have any reason to believe they wouldn't pass hydro but can't guarantee so being sold "as is." They have been stored in my garage. You would likely have to replace the burst disks. No photos presently but if anyone is interested I can take some. Probably too heavy/expensive to ship so So. Cal. pickup. Asking $325 Mark

I am on the wrong coast, but if you find someone who wants to buy them as doubles I will gladly take the manifold off your hands. I already have these tanks, worth a shot.

I am on the wrong coast, but if you find someone who wants to buy them as doubles I will gladly take the manifold off your hands. I already have these tanks, worth a shot.

Thanks for inquiring. I'm going to keep them doubled up and sell the manifold with them as I have no clue where the single 7/8 valves are. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom