7/8 H valve for PST 120 tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelS

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm having problems locating an on-line outlet where I can purchase an "H" valve for a 3500psi tank. My three usual sources for technical gear are out of stock on these valves and claim to have a hard time getting them. Any suggestions?

Michael

I'm having problems locating an on-line outlet where I can purchase an "H" valve for a 3500psi tank. My three usual sources for technical gear are out of stock on these valves and claim to have a hard time getting them. Any suggestions?

Michael

Michael,

The only "H" valve that you can use on a 3500 psi cylinder is a 300 Bar DIN H valve because of the pressure. That would be Thermo p/n 9040RH or 9040LH depending on which modular valve (right-hand or left-hand) you are connecting it to. You can go to either the XS Scuba - XS Scuba Dive Gear & Accessories - or Sea Pearls - Sea Pearls - Products - website and find a dealer in your area that can order it for you.

The reason that you have to use a 300 Bar DIN outlet is because of the pressure. The maximum pressure that you can use a PRO type outlet is 3442 psi.

Hope this helps.

Rick

You either of these part numbers (depending which side you want):
8082LH-5250 3500 ST
8082RH-5250 3500 ST

combined with either of these part numbers (depends on which side):

9040LH Connects to LH modular valve
9040RH Connects to RH modular valve

Sea Pearls - Valves by Thermo

Thank you for the information.

The Thermo 8082RH-5250/9040RH is the combo I'm trying to find. Three Thermo dealers have told me that they are having problems getting the 300 bar modular valves because they have been discontinued. My LDS called Sea Pearls today and got the same story. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you for the information.

The Thermo 8082RH-5250/9040RH is the combo I'm trying to find. Three Thermo dealers have told me that they are having problems getting the 300 bar modular valves because they have been discontinued. My LDS called Sea Pearls today and got the same story. Do you have any other suggestions?

Michael,

My bad - I thought you were looking for the "H" valve only and not both of them. It is true that the 8082RH valves are now out of stock. However, both XS and Sea Pearls should have the 8082LH valves. More right hands were sold than left hands so there are still some left hands hanging around.

The reason that the 8082's are going away is because of real low demand for valves with a 7/8" inlet. Especially modular valves for the older 7/8" inlet cylinders. Unless I'm mistaken, the only cylinder still in production with a 7/8" inlet for SCUBA use is the Luxfer 4350 psi fibre wrapped cylinder. And it doesn't appear that these are being manifolded. We continue to support the stand alone valves for cylinders with the 7/8" inlet.

But if a left-hand combination is okay for you, then I know that XS and Sea Pearls still have this combination.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom