7/22 CSSP incident follow-up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those whom were at CSSP yesterday afternoon and were involved in the rescue of the 2 panic and nearly drowning divers,,,,after I packed up my gear to leave the park, I stopped at the Terrell hospital to check on the condition of the female diver in particular. Many times we don't really know the final outcome of such incidents...so I wanted to let those who I could know what I found out.

I am 'very pleased' :wink: to say that they were just finishing up the paperwork to release her after the ER did an examination of her condition. The female diver suffered no major injuries. Both were in good spirit and very 'THANKFUL to all' :10: that responded to their aid, and the giving of first-aid/O2 to her while waiting for local EMS/Sheriff to arrive.

The female diver was a bit still shaken, but ever so glad to be alive and safe!! The male diver was also in much better spirit and so happy for the outcome of what could have nearly turned into a much worse incident.

Thanks to everyone on the scene!

Alan, You are quite the man. To make a rescue is special but to save two people at once is just flat out hero class.

That's my Wing Man !! :wink:

2 people made a mistake and 1 saved them. That about covers it.

Good work, Alan. Having the training and knowing that you can use it when needed are two entire different worlds. It looks like you know which one you belong to :) Well played, sir.

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words, means alot to me...........I did what each of you would have done having found yourself in a similar situation....'react and stay focused'....'so many' other wonderful divers/DMs and instructors stepped forward Sunday to lend shore support and comfort these 2 fellow divers they had never met....in times like these we see the truly good side of people sometimes we take for granted or just over look in our busy daily lives. We are all happy things worked out for these 2 nice divers....they will get the opportunity to return to the water again in the future....and both said they would in time! :) Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom