67mm add-on lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a question of 67mm add-on lens from Inon/Epoque. Will the lens fit standard 67mm rings? Or does each lens require diffferent mounting rings? I am trying to get an adapter mount for my housing to fit 67mm add-on lens (Like the UWL-100) and am trying to give myself as much flexibility as possible.

:06:

Wolverine:
Got a question of 67mm add-on lens from Inon/Epoque. Will the lens fit standard 67mm rings? Or does each lens require diffferent mounting rings? I am trying to get an adapter mount for my housing to fit 67mm add-on lens (Like the UWL-100) and am trying to give myself as much flexibility as possible.

:06:
I have a 55 - 67 standard step-up ring and it fits on the Inon UWL-100.

Who makes the step-up ring, and how is it mounted on the housing? I may custom make one here actually but would rather get a standard one from housing/accessory maker.

Wolverine:
Who makes the step-up ring, and how is it mounted on the housing? I may custom make one here actually but would rather get a standard one from housing/accessory maker.
The step up ring I have is a generic step up ring (Kenko, Tiffen, etc). For it to work you will need threads on the front of your housing port. You screw the smaller diameter to the port and then screw the WAL to the larger one. I'm not sure if the Fantasea housing have threaded port so it may not work with it. See:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=60494&is=REG

If the housing doesn't have threads then you might have to get (or make) something like the Inon 67mm adaptors. It's an adaptor that screws underneath the housing onto the tray mount and provides a threaded 67mm threaded ring that goes over the port. See 'INON M67 Lens adapter' on this page:

http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/eM67lens.htm

A point to note: Success of attaching an external WAL depends on whether the front element of your camera moves or not and the distance between the lens and the WAL. Symptoms include vignetting and/or blurring/distortion. Best to do a bit of research (maybe check with Fantasea or even Yuzo) before embarking on an expensive endeavour.

Great. The housing does not have a threaded port so it will have to be an adapter. I have been in touch with H-man (from Fantasea) as well as the various makers of the adapter rings and add-on lens. Looks like I may have to experiment as the makers are uncertain if their adapters will work, and Fantasea is in the process of tying up with an accesory maker to fit some add-on lens to the housing. I have seen a pic with a CP-4 and a Inon adapter but am not certain which model it is. Anyone out there can help?? :06:

Think it will be very costly to get something only to find out it won't fit.

In the meantime, think I will go and check with the 10bar guys in HK and see if they can customise an adapter for me.. wish me luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom