60d with a 60mm first try

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jun Lao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
thanks to Ozziworld, I was able to test my new ikelite housing with twin ys110s using his 22 year old Ikelite port, i'm surprised how good 60mm captures macro, no teleconverters nor close up lenses used, first time dslr user coming from an oly compact, lovin dslr, its true what they say, dslr much much easier, save the prep time and heavy weight, no complaints on the shift :)

wink by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

krill'in by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

night lamp by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

twilight by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

juvenile by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

Those are amazing pictures. I just got a T2i and 60 mm lens, and am awaiting the housing for the new camera. Like yourself, I'll be using YS-110a strobes. Looking forward to my first shots with DSLR as well ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jun Lao,

The Canon 60mm USM Macro lens is a great choice........Check out my recent Philippines shots (on the MAIN UW Photography Forum list, posted a few days ago) as that's what I used for all my macro shots.

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpg
    IMG_8789.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 227
thanks Wisnu, ...and me ur kids posts, waiting for your family's next trip report,
Bob, have much fun :)

Jun Lao,

The Canon 60mm USM Macro lens is a great choice........Check out my recent Philippines shots (on the MAIN UW Photography Forum list, posted a few days ago) as that's what I used for all my macro shots.

David Haas
www.haasimages.com
nice, thanks for sharing.. that flamboyant is looking good :)

Congrats on the new setup. There's no going back now :D... it just gets more fun, more addicting, and WAY more expensive.

i am hoping to shoot a flamboyant tonight...fingers crossed.

Congrats on the new setup. There's no going back now :D... it just gets more fun, more addicting, and WAY more expensive.
haha, i know what you mean...its definitely a bottomless pit :( but :)

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

my first time use of a tokina 10-17... its a super wonderful lens, good thing I read all those uw tips from underwater photography guide, was initially getting lots of flare on the sides, till I remembered scott g's shared tips on shooting wide,, pull back the strobes, i should have done wb, was set at tungsten, shld have set at least at shade for warmer blues. still need practice, especially on metering

schooling by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

yellow by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

twin rocks by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

togetherness by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

flipped by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

am back to shooting macro tomorrow, hiring a guide to look for the louis vuitton (saron) shrimp, tiger shrimp and the teddy bear crab, fingers crossed :shocked2:

Very nice shots! I have the same lens combo and could not be happier. I use them on a T2i and always shoot raw. Are you using DPP to develop them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom