6 Days diving in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just got back from diving in the Keys the 13th through the 18th.

23 dives

Went out with Conch Republic. Very professional and knowledgeable organization. We were really fortunate in that most of the weather missed us the entire week. We did come into crappy weather on that Saturday and it took till Sunday morning to push out and us start diving Sunday afternoon.

Hit all the major wrecks. Eagle, Spiegle, and Duane (twice). Second time on the Duane Friday morning the current was ripping and I now know what it feels like to be a flag flying in a heavy breeze based on how we were on the mooring ball.

All the usual suspects on all the dives that you expect although we did see two bull sharks on the Eagle that got everyone's attention. Also got to lobster for the first time and wow I can see why everyone gets hot after it! Loads of fun and was able to provide supper for all of our group one night.

This was the first time that I have been able to dive the upper Keys and go out with Conch but it definitely will not be the last!

Took a fair amount of pictures and will try to upload some later.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom