6-29-08 Carmel Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
From The Needle, off Point Lobos

Sculpin
P6290005-01cropsm.jpg

Chestnut Cowrie
P6290010-01cropsm.jpg

Lingcod
P6290020-01sm.jpg

From Carmel Ridge off Carmel by the Sea

Mosshead Warbonnet
P6290029-02cropsm.jpg

Peltodoris Nobilis
P6290040-01sm.jpg

Nice, almost makes me want to dive cold water. :D

Cool pics !!

Dennis, some of us have no choice !!! :frosty: Thank heavens for drysuits !

Those are superb Larry. What a rich site that is. I used to shore dive Point Lobos from Whaler's Cove (the concrete ramp makes a nice easy entry :)). I really miss it, especially when I see beautiful photos like yours. Thanks,
++Ken++

nice shots larry love the sculpen surounded by the enomonys. How has the water been down there latly. Has there been any plankton blooms going as of late. Up here there has been a bad bloom going up here. And was thinking of going down that way if the conditions are better

Thanks Andy, Dennis, Marc, Blesi, Ken and Big Frog.

Has there been any plankton blooms going as of late. Up here there has been a bad bloom going up here. And was thinking of going down that way if the conditions are better

Winter and Spring were terrible. We never did get the usual great Winter vis. We had some red tides and 5 foot vis. Lately though, it's been better with pretty good vis off and on, especially in Carmel. Often there's a pretty deep green layer, but if you drop below it the vis is decent. Pretty much, it's day to day as always. If you don't like the conditions, wait an hour or try a different site.

Larry - Great shot on the cowrie. I still have a California cowry shell on my living room mantle that I treasure greatly. I collected it on a dive at Catalina when I was in college over 30 years ago. I guess that would be a Bozo-no-no in this day and age.

sounds like typical Monterey diving its still is the best place to take a newer diver and has some amazing views and unique see life. Sound like it going to be the monastery or some were in carmel if the whether permits love that spot. once again great shot and thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom