5th Annual Peace River Camping/Fossiling Trip!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBulla

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's that time of year again!! Let's go find old dead stuff and hang out around a nice toasty campfire! :eek:)

What: Camping on the Peace River and Fossiling with Mark Renz (Fossil Expeditions, Call Mark Renz 1-239-368-3252)
When: Friday, March 13 - Sunday, March 15, 2009 (Fossiling with Mark will be Saturday morning into the afternoon)
Where: Camping will be at Brownville Park (Brownville Park). Fossiling location is TBD.
Cost: Camping is $20/night per site + $3/night for a second vehicle if applicable. Guided fossiling with Mark Renz is $35/person group rate. (His regular cost is $65/hour)

I still have a few details to work out, but I wanted to get the information out there as the clock is ticking.

Things you may want to bring along: canoes/kayaks, fossiling screens (Mark provides them on Saturday, but we'll be at a location where we can fossil all weekend long on our own), water shoes or dive booties, waders or wetsuit bottoms.

Because I have no idea how to do it, I'm going to ask Colin to create an actual sign up in this first post. Also, please check this first post periodically as I will be editing it from time to time as more details become available or if there's anything important you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very tempting. It is about two hours but straight across Hwy70 and some nice cow pasture views. -- I will look at the calendar when I go in tonight and see what is available.

I'm looking forward to it! We've been doing some fossiling on our own with the kids and have built a BIG screen.

Oh, I know it looks like I haven't been around much, we're really gearing up for a transition at work and I can't have SB open as much as I want. The next 3 months is a LOT of trianing to work with new equipment :D

Hermit Crab and I have been looking forward to this all year. Unfortunately, Hermit Crab has a commitment that may preclude us from camping. :( Will know within the next week whether we can make it or not. I really hope so, I already have the chocolate and graham crackers for the s'mores!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming the no alcohol ban in the campground, means no visible alcohol. :coca-cola:

That would be correct.

Hey....... Anyone of you old timers remember me:D I've been lurking around the SB waters for the last month but hadn't seen any of the old gang.:admingreet:

I just checked and unfortunately I'm working that weekend:police: :banghead: otherwise I would come over for the day of fossilling.

Oh well, Maybe we can get to Venice Beach sometime again.

See Ya':cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom