50th birthday trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kari81476

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone, I’m looking for input on my thoughts for an August 2025 trip. We will have 4 weeks or so from start to finish, including travel time from the US. We are fairly new divers, we will hit 100 in Key Largo later this month. I’m really interested in the Murex Passport to Paradise trip in North Sulawesi. I was thinking we’d head to either Bali or Raj Ampat for the remainder of the trip. We are doing our first LOB on the Belize Aggressor in January, and depending on if we love it or hate the LOB experience, we would do another LOB in Raja Ampat, or a similar scuba safari in Bali.

I’ve read conflicting information on August conditions, but it’s my 50th birthday, and I’d really like to stick to August, unless someone suggests a different place for a bucket list trip.

My husband hates flying, so I can’t imagine we will have another chance to visit this part of the world. Any thoughts or recommendations are much appreciated!

August is the rainy season in Raja and the liveaboards have moved over to Komodo. Komodo is known for ripping currents, so you'd have to consider if you're ready for that. I've not been to Bali, so I can't help you there.

The weather is favorable in Fiji in August with little rainfall. You won't find mega fauna there, but the soft and hard corals are spectacular! I've been to Volivoli for diving and it's a good resort with a solid dive operation. If you want sharks, go to Beqa Lagoon. The reef diving is pretty bad, so divers usually just go for the shark diving.

Maybe the Philippines....I think it's the rainy season, though, but you'll find off-season rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom